New Year's Resolutions

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yay! I just got to practice my resolution!

There was a horrible Democrat woman on Twitter promoting something vile, and I started to respond to her...and didn't. I saw her by tweet accident anyway - thanks, Twitter, you ass. She is one of those I was much happier not knowing existed.

So not only did I not respond, but I blocked her so I don't ever have to see her disturbing "thoughts" again.

:thewave:

I got a ton of likes on Twitter recently, and a bunch of reweets. Normally I don't care, but in this case I thought it was funny, because the people doing this liked what I said about one subject.
They probably would not be so agreeable on my stand on a host of issues that are close to their fragile hearts.

acommondisaster

THANK YOU!

It annoys me to no end that our fun posters have left because the douche nozzles have taken over. I still want fun stories and drama and chitty chat. I'm over all the politics and hate.

Although Donald Trump is the best President since George Washington and if you don't think so you suck. :razz:

Not that I've ever been a huge contributor, and I'm in Chuck County, so I've always been an outsider, but the d'nozzles are part of the reason I stopped being a daily reader. The same 9 people turning every freaking post into a off topic bashfest. Got to the point when one of them posted, you could pretty much skip the next 5 pages of posts and not miss anything on topic. I miss how things were 5 or 6 years ago. No time for haters anymore. There are just too many of them, everywhere.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
To lose more weight. I lost 10 lbs last year.

I lost about 25 lbs last year. Now I am hoping to get more fit. I have started trail walking and today will be Day #6. I do about 4 miles per day plus all the walking I do at work so I'm usually almost to about 20,000 steps at the end of the day according to my FitBit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's the main source of traffic for the website though. :shrug:

Unfortunate, but true. Nice threads - human interest stories, chit chat, etc - get no play. Lots of views, but no participation. Crappy political slam pieces, however, go on for pages. People "say" they want more intelligent and civil discourse, but that is demonstrably not true.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I lost about 25 lbs last year. Now I am hoping to get more fit. I have started trail walking and today will be Day #6. I do about 4 miles per day plus all the walking I do at work so I'm usually almost to about 20,000 steps at the end of the day according to my FitBit.

Good for you! It's tough to get moving, especially when it's cold out. :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Good for you! It's tough to get moving, especially when it's cold out. :yay:

That seems to be when I get the walking bug. :lol: I just checked two different BMI calculators and I am FINALLY in the "normal weight" range. I'd still like to lose another 25 lbs but how I look now compared to just a year ago, I am happy.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Unfortunate, but true. Nice threads - human interest stories, chit chat, etc - get no play. Lots of views, but no participation. Crappy political slam pieces, however, go on for pages. People "say" they want more intelligent and civil discourse, but that is demonstrably not true.

^This^ Ones that go on and on also include anything to do with firearms, whether it started that way or devolved into it. Very rarely a thread will take off that is not in 'Politics' or 'News and Current Events', like the 'cutting the cord' one, but it is very rare anymore. I come on here to be entertained but I don't find much of that anymore. :shrug:

MiddleGround

^This^ Ones that go on and on also include anything to do with firearms, whether it started that way or devolved into it. Very rarely a thread will take off that is not in 'Politics' or 'News and Current Events', like the 'cutting the cord' one, but it is very rare anymore. I come on here to be entertained but I don't find much of that anymore. :shrug:

Don't forget abortion too :yay:

Bottom line is that this is ALLOWED to happen. Nothing is gonna change unless the powers to be do something about it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bottom line is that this is ALLOWED to happen. Nothing is gonna change unless the powers to be do something about it.

Thanks for the reminder for another group I forgot as you so eloquently inject your personal, petty vendetta yet again: the whiners, bitchers, and complainers. :tantrum :bawl: :baby:

:dork:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

So do something other than bitch and demand that someone else do something. Start a positive thread. Make comments other than to express your personal disdain for me. Otherwise you're just part of the problem.

MiddleGround

So do something other than bitch and demand that someone else do something. Start a positive thread. Make comments other than to express your personal disdain for me. Otherwise you're just part of the problem.

I have started positive threads, engaged in conversation with other members, and tried to help other members with suggestions and ideas.

What I also do every once in a while, is point out the hypocrisy. It's not hard at all. You constantly engage in politico crap each and every day, slam those who do not think in lock-step with you, and best of all... you encourage and foster those who do nothing but create hate and discontent on here by doing the exact opposite of what you claim to promote (start positive threads, etc.) but, since they are your buddies... they get a pass :yay:

This isn't anything new. Its been pointed out before by myself and a few others. Maybe you should take a look at some of those on here that are your 'pals' that do nothing other than inject themselves into good conversations and ruin them. You know who they are. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

What is laughable is that you have so many older members on here that constantly harken back to "the old days" of when this "forum was fun" because it "wasn't full of Political crap" all the time yet, instead of providing that for them, you choose to rag on people like me. I can only guess that keeping the politi-hate churning is more profitable than going back to the "old days" which is understandable.

I have no "personal disdain" for you. It's truely not worth my time. I point out the hypocrisy of many other members on here. Not just you. The only difference is that you are an admin and owner on here so, the hypocrisy is a little deeper than others...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have started positive threads, engaged in conversation with other members, and tried to help other members with suggestions and ideas.

What I also do every once in a while, is point out the hypocrisy. It's not hard at all. You constantly engage in politico crap each and every day, slam those who do not think in lock-step with you, and best of all... you encourage and foster those who do nothing but create hate and discontent on here by doing the exact opposite of what you claim to promote (start positive threads, etc.) but, since they are your buddies... they get a pass :yay:

This isn't anything new. Its been pointed out before by myself and a few others. Maybe you should take a look at some of those on here that are your 'pals' that do nothing other than inject themselves into good conversations and ruin them. You know who they are. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

What is laughable is that you have so many older members on here that constantly harken back to "the old days" of when this "forum was fun" because it "wasn't full of Political crap" all the time yet, instead of providing that for them, you choose to rag on people like me. I can only guess that keeping the politi-hate churning is more profitable than going back to the "old days" which is understandable.

I have no "personal disdain" for you. It's truely not worth my time. I point out the hypocrisy of many other members on here. Not just you. The only difference is that you are an admin and owner on here so, the hypocrisy is a little deeper than others...

Maybe if you didn't come across as such a condescending ass, people might warm up to you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's truely not worth my time.

Clearly.

you have so many older members on here that constantly harken back to "the old days" of when this "forum was fun" because it "wasn't full of Political crap" all the time

What they're referring to is when we had a ton of bat#### crazy people on here posting their personal life drama, plus a lot of people knew each other and hung out together and got in drama tiffs that would get hashed out on here.

instead of providing that for them

It's not my job to provide drama.

you choose to rag on people like me

No offense, but I am unaware you even exist until you start bitching about how I run this forum.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What I also do every once in a while, is point out the hypocrisy.

Why point out what you think is hypocrisy at all? What you think is someone being hypocritical, is most likely a nuanced differentiation of the subject based on newer available information, or, attempting to clarify a position on any given subject.

Example: Someone says "I am totally against abortion". A simple statement. Weeks later the same person, after reading more on the subject, says, "I am totally against abortion, except in cases of rape and incest". And then even more weeks later says, "I am totally against abortion, except in cases of rape and incest, and in medically necessary cases to save the mother."

Now, would you call this person hypocritical for changing their position? Point being, people change their opinions based on new information or experiences everyday. It's not intentional or of forethought to intentionally deceive anyone.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I may ...

Why point out what you think is hypocrisy at all? What you think is someone being hypocritical, is most likely a nuanced differentiation of the subject based on newer available information, or, attempting to clarify a position on any given subject.

Example: Someone says "I am totally against abortion". A simple statement. Weeks later the same person, after reading more on the subject, says, "I am totally against abortion, except in cases of rape and incest". And then even more weeks later says, "I am totally against abortion, except in cases of rape and incest, and in medically necessary cases to save the mother."

Now, would you call this person hypocritical for changing their position? Point being, people change their opinions based on new information or experiences everyday. It's not intentional or of forethought to intentionally deceive anyone.

Sadly, in the world of the extreme left, they don't think like this. They dig in and refuse to learn from new information, and refuse to change their stance on anything, regardless of the facts that are widely available and often presented to them on a silver platter. Their whole purpose in life is to undermine our Constitution, and take out anyone who disagrees with them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have started positive threads

Here are the 14 threads you have started. Please point out which are positive as all but one or two are bitchfests. :blahblah:

mg.jpg

What I also do every once in a while, is point out the hypocrisy.

No, it is not "once in a while" - it's pretty much every thread you post in so you can infect it with your whining about your "mistreatment" and the unfairness of it all. :tantrum

Let it go, move on, and enjoy the forums. Simple. :cheers:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Here are the 14 threads you have started. Please point out which are positive as all but one or two are bitchfests. :blahblah:

View attachment 126505

No, it is not "once in a while" - it's pretty much every thread you post in so you can infect it with your whining about your "mistreatment" and the unfairness of it all. :tantrum

Thank you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

View attachment 126505

Said as the microphone hits the floor ......