newbie here

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Nah, I like my fish on a plate.

The term billfish refers to a group of predatory fish characterised by prominent bills, or rostrums, and by their large size (some are longer than four metres (13 feet)). Billfish include sailfish and marlin, which make up the family Istiophoridae, and swordfish. (wiki)

If you've never had a swordfish steak on your plate, you haven't lived.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
The term billfish refers to a group of predatory fish characterised by prominent bills, or rostrums, and by their large size (some are longer than four metres (13 feet)). Billfish include sailfish and marlin, which make up the family Istiophoridae, and swordfish. (wiki)

Thanks for the lesson. I've had swordfish on a plate on Glacier Mountain. :biggrin:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

I learned something new today. :dance:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Thanks for the lesson. I've had swordfish on a plate on Glacier Mountain. :biggrin:

The best part of the swordfish is the tail. The best way to prepare is, nice thick, maybe 2 inch thick steak, on the grill, with a nice bearnaise sauce. It has to be that tail section, though, and the only way to know that's what you have, is if it has skin all the way around the steak.

Shark steak is pretty damn good, too.