News About Twitter

SamSpade

Wait a couple of days. This guy will be attacked and mobbed, and the cultbots will start stalking his children and harassing his parents, and he will suddenly have an epiphany.

I am still - I don't even know the word - astonished, flabbergasted - that an on air pundit commented that Musk could shut down all input from people from another party - lock out all information - block or ban members he didn' like - even change the outcome of an election.

I still can't stop laughing. Either it was meant in jest, or the person who said it is almost too clueless to live.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am still - I don't even know the word - astonished, flabbergasted - that an on air pundit commented that Musk could shut down all input from people from another party - lock out all information - block or ban members he didn' like - even change the outcome of an election.

I still can't stop laughing. Either it was meant in jest, or the person who said it is almost too clueless to live.
It's been stated by a few. UFB. Another parallel universe.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Huh? You’re thinking way too deep into this.

Well, I'll Huh? your "Huh?"

I think you missed the point, which was: If you don't want the Twitter machine tracking where you post links -- and further allowing them to build a profile of you and your life --- remove the tracking code from the links before you post it somewhere.

For example, If I were logged in to my Twitter account and copied a link to a Tweet and posted it here, Twitter can now associate my forums' account here with my Twitter account. I don't want that.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
gadde.JPG

OMG!

HemiHauler

Well, I'll Huh? your "Huh?"

I think you missed the point, which was: If you don't want the Twitter machine tracking where you post links -- and further allowing them to build a profile of you and your life --- remove the tracking code from the links before you post it somewhere.

For example, If I were logged in to my Twitter account and copied a link to a Tweet and posted it here, Twitter can now associate my forums' account here with my Twitter account. I don't want that.
I'd think that's just a thin veneer of protection though. Certainly if you're using the app, they know when you click that "share" button and which link/URL you're copying to your clipboard or share to others.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Certainly if you're using the app, they know when you click that "share" button and which link/URL you're copying to your clipboard or share to others.
Of course. The point is that I don't want them tying my Twitter account to my off-Twitter activity. The only way they know WHERE I posted the link is if I keep the t= parameter on the link.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Suddenly, the federal government is very interested in Section 230 reform. The message to Elon Musk is simple: do what we say, or we will regulate, destroy, or take over your company if we have to, and make the purchase of Twitter the biggest waste of your entire life.

All of the worst people in the world are on board with hating Elon Musk, too. It’s virtually identical to the hate mobs that spawned on command for Donald Trump. Hilariously, Elon Musk hasn’t really even done anything yet, and in general does work that leftists would normally love. But now they suddenly hate “billionaires” and “oligarchy” again when it is commanded of them. The 🇺🇦Ukiesexual🇺🇦 people live by the friend/enemy distinction. All it took was for him to even suggest that “wokism” has gone too far (which is obvious to literally everyone), and their Schmittian sensors activated.

Indeed, Elon Musk has not done anything yet. The big hurdle is not actually the purchase of Twitter. Elon Musk sponsors Twitter now - so what? Now, he must actually control it, which means forcing the personnel employed at Twitter to execute his bidding. Lots of capital and big purchases alone do not unseat the managers - usurping their role as decision-makers does.

All of my readers will know that free speech as a concept doesn’t make any sense at all. The conservative right and rightists with mental disabilities other than conservatism are laser-focused on Musk’s intentions regarding free speech, but this is boring and un-insightful. What will be really interesting is when (if) Musk actually asserts control over Twitter, which he can only do by becoming personally involved and responsible for the decisions made at the company - which does appear to be the way he elects to manage Tesla and SpaceX, and I presume, The Boring Company. If Musk actually uses power at Twitter, ruthlessly if necessary, then it will be a small reversal of the managerial revolution, with the capitalist class actually striking a blow against the managers. In this sense, Musk would thereby be a dissenting elite by virtue of being outside of the ruling class (the managers). This type of elite is exactly what is needed to defeat the current governing elite – it is when the elites are in contention with one another that their abuses of us are tempered, and even better, the possibility of the ruling elite being replaced entirely can emerge. Musk could be the one-off, or he could be the start of something very interesting.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter Earnings Report WAS BAD Proving Elon Musk CORNERED The Company, Left FURIOUS Over Elon Memes​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Senate Dems considering calling Elon Musk to testify on Twitter buy

Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., told Bloomberg in an interview published Thursday: "We’re thinking about" the possibility of hearings.

The Senate Commerce Committee, which Cantwell is Chair, has held hearings with former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai.

Commerce Committee member Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., called Twitter "central to democracy and our economy."

"We have to understand the censorship or lack thereof, content moderation or not, that is going to be the policy for the new owner," Markey told Bloomberg.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., said there was a "powerful imperative" to ask Musk to testify about his plans with Twitter and address lawmakers’ concerns.

:sshrug:

Umm Tell them to piss off

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Liberals melt down after Musk claims the Democrat Party was ‘hijacked by extremists'​

'It's now 100% clear that Musk is part of the GOP propaganda apparatus'​

1651243505816.png

I've been saying this for a long time. Their is no Extreme Right. The left has just gone so far bat#### crazy extreme that everybody that hasn't moved is further away. :lmao:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Suddenly, the federal government is very interested in Section 230 reform. The message to Elon Musk is simple: do what we say, or we will regulate, destroy, or take over your company if we have to, and make the purchase of Twitter the biggest waste of your entire life.

All of the worst people in the world are on board with hating Elon Musk, too. It’s virtually identical to the hate mobs that spawned on command for Donald Trump. Hilariously, Elon Musk hasn’t really even done anything yet, and in general does work that leftists would normally love. But now they suddenly hate “billionaires” and “oligarchy” again when it is commanded of them. The 🇺🇦Ukiesexual🇺🇦 people live by the friend/enemy distinction. All it took was for him to even suggest that “wokism” has gone too far (which is obvious to literally everyone), and their Schmittian sensors activated.

Indeed, Elon Musk has not done anything yet. The big hurdle is not actually the purchase of Twitter. Elon Musk sponsors Twitter now - so what? Now, he must actually control it, which means forcing the personnel employed at Twitter to execute his bidding. Lots of capital and big purchases alone do not unseat the managers - usurping their role as decision-makers does.

All of my readers will know that free speech as a concept doesn’t make any sense at all. The conservative right and rightists with mental disabilities other than conservatism are laser-focused on Musk’s intentions regarding free speech, but this is boring and un-insightful. What will be really interesting is when (if) Musk actually asserts control over Twitter, which he can only do by becoming personally involved and responsible for the decisions made at the company - which does appear to be the way he elects to manage Tesla and SpaceX, and I presume, The Boring Company. If Musk actually uses power at Twitter, ruthlessly if necessary, then it will be a small reversal of the managerial revolution, with the capitalist class actually striking a blow against the managers. In this sense, Musk would thereby be a dissenting elite by virtue of being outside of the ruling class (the managers). This type of elite is exactly what is needed to defeat the current governing elite – it is when the elites are in contention with one another that their abuses of us are tempered, and even better, the possibility of the ruling elite being replaced entirely can emerge. Musk could be the one-off, or he could be the start of something very interesting.

So as far as the dept of disinformation goes it should follow the legal system, “better a thousand guilty men go free than to lock up one innocent”.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA), who sits on the Commerce Committee, emphasized the importance of learning about Twitter’s potential censorship and moderation policies under Musk’s management.

“It’s a technology which is central to democracy and our economy and it is important for the representatives of the American people to hear what the new owners intend on using that technology to accomplish,” Markey told Bloomberg. “We have to understand the censorship or lack thereof, content moderation or not, that is going to be the policy for the new owner.”

“In terms of what the values are that this company is going to be creating for the new Elon Musk Twitter world, I think that’s actually a necessary role for Congress to play,” he added.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) said, “there is a powerful imperative to ask [Musk] to tell Congress and the American people how he’s going to address the concerns that we’ve raised.”

Umm Go Fork Yourself

TPD

the poor dad
So if I decide to buy The Enterprise, do I have to go before Congress to explain how I intend to change it to more conservative?