News About Twitter

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter: empire strikes back take 2

Thierry Breton is a French business executive, politician and the current Commissioner for Internal Market of the European Union. He met with Musk earlier in the year to share his concerns about free speech on Twitter and in this Tweet reminded him that Europe has its eyes on him. You can read about the EU’s threats in my earlier post referenced above.

Here in the US the Biden Administration has been making noise about the potential national security threat a free Twitter might pose, and now a US Senator is upping the ante. The Left is absolutely in a panic about Musk “freeing the bird,” and they have been stymied by the fact that he simply doesn’t care what they think. Musk’s superpower is his indifference to the opinions of jerks, or anybody else.

Sounds dire, doesn’t it?

What Senator Murphy doesn’t tell you is that Saudi Arabia neither owns Twitter (Elon Musk does), nor does its investment in the deal change a thing from last week or last year.

Saudi Arabia’s had a stake in Twitter all along. The exact same size as now. They no more control Twitter today than they did before. Murphy didn’t care about that then, and he doesn’t really care about it now. He cares about Musk allowing conservatives a say on social media.

Murphy is doing nothing other than taking the same shot across the bow that the EU did last week. He is reminding Musk that no matter how large a player in the economy he is–and he is a big player indeed–the US government and its allies are bigger yet. He is simply saying: we can crush you if we so choose, so play ball.

Musk has become enemy #1 for the transnational elite. Ironically, I am pretty sure he never expected that to happen, because he clearly is only vaguely aware of politics and the culture, and only vaguely cares about any of that except when either becomes an obstacle to his objectives or his personal interests.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Democrats on Capitol Hill set sights on Elon Musk’s Twitter acquisition​

Sen. Chris Murphy claims Saudi Arabia may use Elon Musk's purchase to influence Twitter​

I'm surprised it's not "Russia! Russia! Russia!"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Stephen King needs to be swallowed up by one of his books creepy realities.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stephen King needs to be swallowed up by one of his books creepy realities.

he needs to head to Tribal as well .... if I was Elon I'd be banning these progressive whiners with a link to sign up for Tribal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk's 'for cause' firings of Twitter execs negate multimillion-dollar payouts

Elon Musk’s recent firing of Twitter executives is costing them millions of dollars in severance payments in his takeover of the social network.

Mr. Musk fired chief executive Parag Agrawal, chief financial officer Ned Segal, former general counsel Sean Edgett and legal affairs and policy chief Vijaya Gadde after finalizing the $44 billion buyout Thursday, according to Reuters.

The Tesla CEO terminated the executives “for cause,” meaning they violated company policy and voided the $20 million to $60 million each was set to receive if let go, according to The New York Times.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was once terminated from a hourly job I had in Nebraska. When the Department of Labor made an investigation after I filed for unemployment, they determined I was fired for No Cause. I received full benefit payment, plus my former employer had to pay me the difference between that and my average paycheck with them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
B4CC6AC1-049F-4CB5-B03F-E7D427418B40.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Musk trolls AOC after Twitter spat over subscription fees

"Lmao at a billionaire earnestly trying to sell people on the idea that 'free speech' is actually a $8/mo subscription plan," Ocasio-Cortez wrote on the platform, in reference to owner Elon Musk's purported revenue overhaul. Musk has heavily emphasized that he seeks to curtail the platform's extant censorship practices and permit the presence of diverging viewpoints on Twitter.

"Why aren't [The New York Times, Washington Post, The Atlantic] free? Their billionaire owners should stop being greedy and give us those products for free," retorted Sacks, per The Hill. Those outlets place many articles behind a paywall and require regular subscription fees to access most of their content.

Ocasio-Cortez took exception to the comparison, asserting that a public platform with minimal moderation was not a comparable entity to the legacy media.

"Are you seriously equating an app where people are torrenting racial slurs at an accelerated clip with the New York Times," she replied. "Also fyi, legacy newspapers actually care about verifying newsworthy sources. And they don't charge their journalists/creators for 'priority' placement."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Bad Sign: The People Musk Just Consulted About Fighting 'Hate' Aren't Exactly Free Speech Advocates

Almost every one of the “leaders” with which Musk spoke was among the nation’s most prominent Leftists, and there was nary a critic of Big Tech censorship among them. Will the freedom of speech really return to Twitter? Maybe. But if the people Musk consulted about combating “hate & harassment” and enforcing “election integrity” are any indication, the dreary, one-sided, fascist platform will continue pretty much as it did before.

First on Musk’s list were Jonathan Greenblatt and Yael Eisenstadt of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). In a December 2021 PJM article, Rabbi Michael Barclay details how Greenblatt transformed the ADL “from an organization devoted to freedom and safety into a political axe for the left.” With Greenblatt at the helm, Barclay notes, “the ADL has now partnered with CAIR in fighting against anti-BDS legislation, fought for abortion, and has entirely transformed from its original purpose into an organization that is even labeled by the respected and tolerant Jewish magazine Tablet as ‘mind-bendingly insane.’”

Musk also spoke with Rashad Robinson, the president of Color of Change (COC), which was created, according to Discover The Networks, in order to fight “the systemic racism pervading America generally and conservatism in particular.” Discover The Networks notes that Robinson “is also affiliated with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and the Right to Vote Campaign,” which is “a national collaboration of eight civil-rights organizations—including the ACLU, the NAACP, and People for the American Way—that seek to combat ‘voter disenfranchisement’ by lobbying for laws that would permit convicted felons, who are disproportionately African Americans, to vote in political elections.”