News About Twitter

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Chaos Erupts As Twitter Introduces New 'Top 8 Friends' Feature

SAN FRANCISCO — Chaos erupted Monday after Twitter went live with a surprise new feature, which CEO Elon Musk called a "late Christmas present for twits everywhere." The new feature allows users to select a "top 8 friends" to feature prominently in their profile.

What was intended as a fun feature has created unfounded bitterness and hate, resulting in unprecedented drama as users discover they are not as close friends with some people as they thought they were.

Friends were destroyed, relationships were severed, and marriages were brought to their breaking point as Twitter users rushed to see whether or not they made their supposed friends' top lists.

Musk claims his self-esteem is now through the roof because he's on everyone's top friends list by default and cannot be removed.

:lmao:

SamSpade

SAN FRANCISCO — Chaos erupted Monday after Twitter went live with a surprise new feature, which CEO Elon Musk called a "late Christmas present for twits everywhere." The new feature allows users to select a "top 8 friends" to feature prominently in their profile.
You know, I used to know people like this - but then I went to fourth grade. Dear God - because you don't make someone's Top 8, you'll cut it off?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You know, I used to know people like this - but then I went to fourth grade. Dear God - because you don't make someone's Top 8, you'll cut it off?
If I have not met someone in person, they at best a friendly acquaintance.
I like what Quora does better, labels folks as Followers only.

Grumpy

You know, I used to know people like this - but then I went to fourth grade.
Remember something like this in jr hi/middle school..Girls would make these books up with classmates names on pages. The books were circulated and you could make anonymous comments about each person..Being jr hi, some of the comments were brutal. I thought it was hilarious (and I got alot of nasty comments) but it destroyed quite a few kids.

SamSpade

If I have not met someone in person, they at best a friendly acquaintance.
I like what Quora does better, labels folks as Followers only.
On Facebook I’m very particular about who I “friend”. When I first got on, I wanted as many as possible and learned that I just got too much in my feed from people I really didn’t know that well. So I set rules.

If you’re a relative - that’s a given. I don’t turn down family but I do put on silence if their posts are just endlessly political. If you’re a close friend or family friend, then yeah, although I have been known to put on silent if you just keep bemoaning your life, your relationships, and so on. Every once in a while ok, but I have friends - easily ten times a day.

Lastly - they’re not actually friends - but basically - they deserve it? A person who has done so much for my parents, my family, my wife - I can’t not friend them.

Everyone else - sorry. I have to limit it somewhere.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Remember something like this in jr hi/middle school..Girls would make these books up with classmates names on pages. The books were circulated and you could make anonymous comments about each person..Being jr hi, some of the comments were brutal. I thought it was hilarious (and I got alot of nasty comments) but it destroyed quite a few kids.
Slam books.

SamSpade

Who on earth would we trust members of an organization WHOSE PRIMARY TASK is to lie and keep secrets - to be in charge of "truth"?

Why not just grab pedos and hire them as kindergarten teachers?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Rigged the COVID debate': How federally enticed censorship undermined science during pandemic

The social media company accomplished this, Zweig said, "by censoring info that was true but inconvenient to U.S. govt. policy," "by discrediting doctors and other experts who disagreed" and "by suppressing ordinary users, including some sharing the CDC’s *own data*."

Considerable pressure to regulate speech about COVID came from the federal government, Zweig said, citing internal Twitter files. "oth the Trump and Biden administrations directly pressed Twitter executives to moderate the platform’s pandemic content according to their wishes," he wrote.

Among the Trump administration's requests to Twitter was help counteracting "runs on grocery stores," a brief but high-tension period early in the pandemic when shoppers rushed to gather supplies amid fears of shortages.

When the Biden administration came to power, the censorship expanded. The Biden White House, for instance, specifically targeted what was called "anti-vaxxer accounts," including longtime and vociferous COVID critic Alex Berenson, a former New York Times investigative reporter.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 The San Francisco Standard ran a quiet mini-Twitter files story last month, headlined “These Doctors Pushed Masking, Covid Lockdowns on Twitter. Turns Out, They Don’t Exist.” Can you believe that? To give you an idea where this curious leftwing media story was going, later in the article they speculated that the fake doctor accounts were designed to make the left look crazy for cocoa puffs.

As always these days, it wasn’t corporate media’s crack squad of highly motivated investigative reporters who broke the story. It began with — of course — an independent researcher, an LGBT+ ally of some kind, who came across a trans pro-lockdown doctor who has been very vocal during the pandemic and has BOTH a trans flag and a Ukraine flag in his bio picture.

Meet Doctor Robert Honeyman:

[clip]

Somebody remind me: What does “astroturf” mean? Or “color revolution?”

There’s a lot more and I could go on and on and on, but I have to stop someplace. Here’s the thing: after what’s recently been exposed in the Twitter files, what are the odds this little fake-doctor network exposed by the San Francisco Standard is really a military/intelligence psyop to keep fearful liberals believing in the pandemic and advocating for covid restrictions?

Back in the Cold War, communist agents used a similar ‘network building’ technique to promote journalists and professors. They would startup a dozen spies with entry-level jobs as local reporters or academic writers, and then over the next months and years the group would reference and promote each other, until at least one of them landed a prominent job at a major newspaper or university.

Then that would would help elevate the rest.

But sometimes it backfired. This time at least, whoever’s running the psyop went just a little too far with all the cuckoo-liberal nonsense. The Standard quoted the independent researcher who blew open the story wondering about who was really behind it all:

“Is this someone who is well-intentioned but perhaps has a lot of anxiety about Covid, and this is a way for them to act out those anxieties?” he asked. “Or is this something more nefarious where someone thinks creating accounts like this is a way to point at them and say: ‘Look how crazy the liberals are’?”​

Indeed. Maybe I’m wrong, and this was actually a reverse-psyop to discredit liberalism. If so, judging by the many lunatic responses to the fake doctors’ tweets, it isn’t working. Try harder!

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 It’s always easier once you know what to look for. I spotted another one yesterday, this time in England. Meet fake Dr. Bunson Honeydew. I am not making this up:

Honeydew, Honeyman, Honeypot, check. Pro vaxx, pro Ukraine, check. “Doctor,” check. Fake profile picture, check! I searched up where the fake doctor had stolen her bio picture — from the Czech minister of defense:

Dr. Honeydew’s beside manner is even more appalling than our other fake doctors. On December 16th, this unrelated widower Gareth tweeted about his dead wife, who died suddenly and unexpectedly after getting the jab:

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...b034-f4f0-4780-995b-1429df533e17_1360x992.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fde33b034-f4f0-4780-995b-1429df533e17_1360x992.png

Then the delightful Dr. Honeydew, not over the top at all, immediately posted this loathsome reply:

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...d17c-0397-4c75-b619-17e5841cb4b6_1368x598.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4ef2d17c-0397-4c75-b619-17e5841cb4b6_1368x598.png

Wow. A real humanitarian. Now we can add an international branch to the Honeyman network. UK folks should take a look at Dr. Honeydew’s “followers” and see if they can find some more fake doctors.

Not knowing what else to do, I decided to file my second Twitter report ever since I joined the platform. I found it a much better experiencethan last time. It didn’t just “flag” the account, but actually let me explain the context, which I did abundantly. It also had a handy option for “fake or misleading account,” which seemed right on target. It feels a little like sweeping sand off the desert floor, but maybe if enough people learn how to spot these fake accounts…

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now PayPal co-founder and general partner of Craft Ventures, David Sacks, who has been close to Elon Musk, is highlighting one of the most concerning aspects of that FBI contacts to Benny Johnson on his show. Sacks explained how the FBI was delivering secret instructions to Twitter via a special tool called “teleport” so that what they sent would disappear after ten days. According to Sacks, such instructions could not be screenshot.

.@DavidSacks explains how the FBI was using a tool called “ teleport” to communicate with Twitter. They were able to send instructions that deleted after 10 days and they weren’t able to take a screenshot of the communication. pic.twitter.com/di2KA6fdqa
— The Dirty Truth (Josh) (@AKA_RealDirty) January 15, 2023

But they could tell that some messages were sent via the teleport tool when they were looking at the emails and the FBI would tell Twitter Safety head Yoel Roth to look at the messages they just sent him on teleport. “It was a very weird detail,” Sacks said, “And it shows the way our government prefers to operate, which is in secrecy.” “What basis is there for the FBI first of all even to be engaged in censorship on social media to the extent they were,” Sacks said, noting they had an 80-agent team flagging posts for the FBI and other parts of the government. They were the “belly button,” the centralized conduit for the surveillance by the federal government of social media posts on a large scale, Sacks said.

“What was the crime that they were investigating here,” Sacks declared. This was all coming under the heading of searching for “foreign interference” in elections, a truly nebulous justification. Add to that the instructions were secret, disappearing, Sacks said, “Why isn’t that a matter of public record?” He said first of all, it was a violation of the First Amendment if they were pushing censorship, but on top of that, they weren’t even being transparent about it. “We have a right as citizens of this country to know what our government is doing, and for them to be engaging in this sort of um, you know, magic trick, where the instructions they are giving are disappearing, it’s almost like the cover-up part of this crime.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

European official warns Musk era of 'Wild West' for free speech is over: 'There will be sanctions'​

European politician Věra Jourová warned Elon Musk from the World Economic Forum in Davos that Twitter will face "sanctions" if it does not shut down some forms of speech.

Jourová, the European Commission’s Vice President for Values and Transparency, told Euronews Next that Twitter may face penalties for enabling free speech in violation of European Union regulations. "The time of the Wild West is over," she said.

"We will have the Digital Services Act [DSA]. We will have the Code of Practice as a part of this legislation," Jourová said. "So, after Mr. Musk took over Twitter with his ‘freedom of speech absolutism’ - we are the protectors of freedom of speech as well. But at the same time, we cannot accept, for instance, illegal content online and so on. So, our message was clear: we have rules which have to be complied with, otherwise there will be sanctions."

🤣

Says ' we are the protectors of free speech ' then stats the EU will censor speech

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ELON MUSK CAVES TO PRESSURE FROM INDIA TO REMOVE BBC DOC CRITICAL OF MODI

TWITTER AND YOUTUBE censored a report critical of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in coordination with the government of India, according to a top Indian official. Officials called for the Big Tech companies to take action against a BBC documentary exploring Modi’s role in a genocidal 2002 massacre in the Indian state of Gujarat, which the officials deemed a “propaganda piece.”

In a series of posts, Kanchan Gupta, senior adviser at the Indian government’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, denounced the BBC documentary as “hostile propaganda and anti-India garbage.” He said that both Twitter and YouTube had been ordered to block links to the film, before adding that the platforms “have complied with the directions.” Gupta’s statements coincided with posts from Twitter users in India who claimed to have shared links to the documentary but whose posts were later removed and replaced with a legal notice.

“The government has sent hundreds of requests to different social media platforms, especially YouTube and Twitter, to take down the posts that share snippets or links to the documentary,” Indian journalist Raqib Hameed Naik told The Intercept. “And shamefully, the companies are complying with their demands and have taken down numerous videos and posts.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dave Rubin's Jaw-Dropping Walk Through Twitter HQ: Bans, 'Secret Labels', and What Elon Is Doing to Clean It Up

Rubin said they found a lot of “secret labels” designed to reduce people’s traffic. His account had all three: “Recent abuse strike,” “Recent misinformation strike,” and “Recent suspension strike.” Rubin had “innocuous tweets” that were labeled NSFW or NSFA (not safe for ads) ,which would affect visibility in the timeline. He said there was a whole “keyword database” of words that could affect your visibility and make you not advertiser friendly, including the word “gay.” Rubin found out that the “recent suspension strike” came from July 2022 because he objected to the suspension of Dr. Jordan Peterson. Even though Peterson’s account has now been unsuspended, the strike on Rubin’s account was still there.

Rubin said that Elon was aware of virtually every issue and thought maybe the entire code needed to be “torn down and start from scratch”; it was like “a flaming dumpster rolling down the street.” “So I assure you they are aware of the problems and Elon and engineers are there all night trying to untie this crazy knot,” Rubin said.