NFC Title

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Seattle hosting Packers. Seahawks are a 7.5 pt favorite.

Who wins straight up? Why?

donbarzini

Seattle in a walk. Unless Rogers was faking the calf yesterday. Then it's STILL Seattle, just closer

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1st one I remember was Jets/Colts. But biggest is STILL Len Dawson and Mike Garrett over the Purple People Eaters

Damn, you are OLD. First SB I remember was 5, Boys and Colts.

I can't think of a game, a playoff or Superbowl, that is equal to Jets/Colts. As I understand the relative strength at the time, it would be the equivalent of the Pack beating the Seahawks this weekend. Maybe Raiders/Redskins in XVIII???

donbarzini

I can't think of a game, a playoff or Superbowl, that is equal to Jets/Colts. As I understand the relative strength at the time, it would be the equivalent of the Pack beating the Seahawks this weekend. Maybe Raiders/Redskins in XVIII???

Yes. Yes I am. There's dirt, then there's me. Actually, I think the Chiefs/Vikes was the biggest ever because you had the upstarts who "weren't good enough" to play in the REAL NFL against a team that had a defense that would have made the Steel Curtain cry. They had 3 HOF Def linemen (Page/Marshall/Eller) and a safety(Krause) that was the precursor to Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor. Made Tatum/Atkinson look like amateurs. And they got embarassed by one little scatback and one receiver(O Taylor).

b23hqb

PREMO Member

How old are you? I was 15 at that time, and still cannot believe Morral not seeing Jimmy Orr jumping up and down and waving his arms in the end zone, so wide open - and Morrall throws over the middle for a pick........I'm still sick about that game.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How old are you? I was 15 at that time, and still cannot believe Morral not seeing Jimmy Orr jumping up and down and waving his arms in the end zone, so wide open - and Morrall throws over the middle for a pick........I'm still sick about that game.

I don't remember the Superbowl until I was in High School.. maybe because I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch it.. it started at around 2 AM...

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't remember the Superbowl until I was in High School.. maybe because I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch it.. it started at around 2 AM...

Italy? Greece? Turkey? I was in Bahrain in 2002 when Brady and NE beat STL and Warner. Game started around 0300, and finished when the sun was rising over the Arabian Gulf........

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I am a year older than the Super Bowl. Every year. Over and over. It's the only way I can figure out the Roman numerals. :lol:

My BIG Superbowl memory is, XII, Steelers/Cowboys, on the verge of being an UNREAL game when Roger throws to a wide open Jackie Smith who'd long been a Cardinal, was aging and had this huge shot at glory. He's in the end zone, ALL alone, Dallas is right in the game against maybe the best of the GREAT Steeler teams and...he drops it. Kicking his legs out in a sickening expression of that maddening thing that happens to any athlete once in awhile, at the worst possible time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes. Yes I am. There's dirt, then there's me. Actually, I think the Chiefs/Vikes was the biggest ever because you had the upstarts who "weren't good enough" to play in the REAL NFL against a team that had a defense that would have made the Steel Curtain cry. They had 3 HOF Def linemen (Page/Marshall/Eller) and a safety(Krause) that was the precursor to Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor. Made Tatum/Atkinson look like amateurs. And they got embarassed by one little scatback and one receiver(O Taylor).

I have very good (bad) memories of those Purple People Eaters because they broke my Redskin heart so many times but, I don't remember seeing any Superbowl playing before V and even V, my strongest memory is a pic in the paper of Mike Curtis tackling someone from behind and all but choking the guy. I remember thinking how mean and unfair he seemed in that picture. I wasn't a Dallas fan. Hardly knew who they were. My first football memories, I thought there was just the Skins and the Colts and I HATED the Colts so, anything good they did was bad. :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I am a year older than the Super Bowl. Every year. Over and over. It's the only way I can figure out the Roman numerals. :lol:

My BIG Superbowl memory is, XII, Steelers/Cowboys, on the verge of being an UNREAL game when Roger throws to a wide open Jackie Smith who'd long been a Cardinal, was aging and had this huge shot at glory. He's in the end zone, ALL alone, Dallas is right in the game against maybe the best of the GREAT Steeler teams and...he drops it. Kicking his legs out in a sickening expression of that maddening thing that happens to any athlete once in awhile, at the worst possible time.

I think you meant Roger Staubach. Smith was crushed when he dropped that perfect pass right in his gut, but he is in the HOF, so not too bad a career. I was ecstatic at the time because a)I couldn't stand the Cowboys, and b) I had become a huge Steeler fan after THE reception by Franco Harris against the Raiders, a team I also liked a lot.

PsyOps

Pixelated

XIII

The sickest man in America.

[video=youtube;lHylWmLDPcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHylWmLDPcs[/video]

I know memories like that never, EVER leave you. When I played boy's club football I was middle linebacker. I had an interception and a wide open field in front of me. I jumped up, had the ball in my hands came down with it and the ball kept going down. I belly-flopped on the ground trying to keep the ball only find the incomplete pass rolling away from me. I sometimes find myself running it over and over in my head.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The sickest man in America.

I know memories like that never, EVER leave you. When I played boy's club football I was middle linebacker. I had an interception and a wide open field in front of me. I jumped up, had the ball in my hands came down with it and the ball kept going down. I belly-flopped on the ground trying to keep the ball only find the incomplete pass rolling away from me. I sometimes find myself running it over and over in my head.

Yeah, but, you, I, didn't do that in the Super bowl. :lol: