NFL Caves

Otter

Nothing to see here
NFL will broadcast the Patriots/Giants Saturday night, will not be exclusive to the NFL Channel...:yay:

AndyMarquisLIVE

NFL will broadcast the Patriots/Giants Saturday night, will not be exclusive to the NFL Channel...:yay:
Msnbc reports it will be on ALL NBC stations nationwide and on CBS.

They should've done that with the Redskins game and the Cowboys-Packers game.

Now I know I WON'T be watching either station on Saturday night. :boo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Do we still have to listen to Bryant Gumbel? :barf:
NFL said:
CBS and NBC will carry the NFL Network feed of the game with Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth in the broadcast booth. The game also will be televised by WCVB-ABC (Channel 5) in Boston, WMUR-ABC in Manchester, New Hampshire (Channel 9) and WWOR (Channel 9) in New York. The telecast begins at 8 p.m. ET with kickoff set at 8:15 p.m. ET.
Gumby sucks.

DuffMan

NFL network has the worst announcers! Chris Collinsworth sounds like he is drunk half the time. But by far the worst of all time is Shannon Sharpe, can anyboby understand what he is saying?

AndyMarquisLIVE

NFL network has the worst announcers! Chris Collinsworth sounds like he is drunk half the time. But by far the worst of all time is Shannon Sharpe, can anyboby understand what he is saying?
I like Shannon Sharpe. He brings energy to an otherwise boring as hell CBS Pregame.

CBS Halftime would make me :snooze: if Shannon wasn't on there. He's not great, but his energy completes their show.

The all-time worst NFL coverage goes to ESPN. Has anybody ever watched the Countdown. Their football coverage is as bad as their NASCAR coverage. They just don't understand the concept of a lot of the sports they cover.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Does anyone actually believe that this was done because the NFL cares about the viewers?

Or was it the fact that they can make a crapload more money from advertisers this way?

The whole NFL channel is all about greed, and it needs to die.

Andy, you must have never watched a game Gumbel called. There is nothing worse.

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Does anyone actually believe that this was done because the NFL cares about the viewers?

Or was it the fact that they can make a crapload more money from advertisers this way?

The whole NFL channel is all about greed, and it needs to die.

Yea, it was a threat by two congressmen/senators to review the NFL's anti-trust status. Negotiations were ongoing even through Christmas Day. Finally, the NFL conceded, put on the "interest of the fan" spin to make themselves look good. I am still not convinced the cable networks are not the bad guy in all of this, but at least this game will be available to all.

I wonder at which time to both teams put in the bench players to rest the starters for the playoffs. If NE builds a big lead, I imagine sooner than later. If it is close, it will be interesting to watch what the Patriots will do. Also, I think the Giants are more worried about the playoffs than the Patriots going 16-0. Manning needs the work especially with Shockey out, but Jacobs needs the rest.

AndyMarquisLIVE

His voice irritates me. To top it off, he doesn't know what he's talking about and he doesn't know basic math. 21-17 IS NOT a 4 point spread. :smack:

Gumby's a moron, and he's irrelevant. I haven't listened to any of the NFL Network games. I listen to the radio simulcast whenever Gumbel's on. He's like ESPN's Jerry Punch in a lot of ways.

The NFL Network, however, as a whole isn't bad. Their music and graphics are great and the production is much better. That's the only reason they beat out ESPN. ESPN has horrible commentary, graphics, music and production all in one, and not just in NFL.

"Shut Up and Drive" is the theme cover for ABC's NASCAR coverage? :boo: They've went and turned NASCAR on ESPN into a promotion for rap music and stick and ball sports. ESPN makes NO ATTEMPT to please the majority of their audience and is too busy, instead, trying to pull in new viewers even if it means they're pissing in the faces of the majority of their viewers. NASCAR fans don't like hip hop music or Rhianna. On the same note, NFL fans don't want to hear the 1970s style country music intro and the Mickey Mouse graphics.

Gumbel is the worst commentator, ever, but ESPN is still the worst sports network.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Yea, it was a threat by two congressmen/senators to review the NFL's anti-trust status. Negotiations were ongoing even through Christmas Day. Finally, the NFL conceded, put on the "interest of the fan" spin to make themselves look good. I am still not convinced the cable networks are not the bad guy in all of this, but at least this game will be available to all.

I wonder at which time to both teams put in the bench players to rest the starters for the playoffs. If NE builds a big lead, I imagine sooner than later. If it is close, it will be interesting to watch what the Patriots will do. Also, I think the Giants are more worried about the playoffs than the Patriots going 16-0. Manning needs the work especially with Shockey out, but Jacobs needs the rest.
Belichick will run the score up. That's what he likes to do, even if he burns his players out in doing so.

tomchamp

Does anyone actually believe that this was done because the NFL cares about the viewers? Without viewers, what would be the point?

Or was it the fact that they can make a crapload more money from advertisers this way? Duh...now I see you do have a clue.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Did I interrupt your Jerry Springer reruns?

I heard you were going to come back to Maryland and face the consequences for your crimes.

I knew it couldn't be true because you are too much of a coward to ever face what you earned. Keep running, Tommy.