NFL draft...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who goes #1?

Who goes first; Leinhart or Young?

Who gets VD? (Vernon Davis)

Will Marcus Vick get drafted or have to go free agent?

What position do the Skins go for with the 53rd pick? LB? OL? Another QB?

(We have a #2 and our next pick is the 5th round...#153)

Thoughts? Comments?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
Who goes #1?

Thoughts? Comments?

I think if nothing solid comes out, Bush goes first... Leinhart 2nd, then Young or Young might even be the 4th pick...
I think MV will get drafted, but not very high... I think he could possibly be around when the Skins pick 53...Possible...

VD, is he that bad ass DE, or is he the bad ass TE from Maryland... both will be Top 10 picks I think...

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
Larry Gude said:
Who goes #1?

Thoughts? Comments?

1st overall will be Bush, and in my own opinion, he will eventually be ruled a bust...
Young will go before Leinhart, to the Titans....

I am hoping VD will go to Arizona, but SF will most likely grab him first...

Marcus Vick will either go late late round or not at all. He will have to work his way to a spot, but I do believe he will last longer than Clarett did.

Skins, hoping defensive lineman or offensive lineman - but in the history they will grab another qb and have a dilema....hope not but that is the way I am calling it.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I also believe the Skins have a tough LB squad as it is... I think they need to go OL for their first pick for sure :yay: never know with the injuries they have had already, never know if the C will be back 100% in time...

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
VD, is he that bad ass DE, or is he the bad ass TE from Maryland... both will be Top 10 picks I think...[/QUOTE]

Vernon Davis = Bad Ass tight end from MD
Mario Williams is the bad ass DE from NC State = 2nd overall pick (my thoughts)

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Daddy_O said:
VD, is he that bad ass DE, or is he the bad ass TE from Maryland... both will be Top 10 picks I think...

Vernon Davis = Bad Ass tight end from MD
Mario Williams is the bad ass DE from NC State = 2nd overall pick (my thoughts)[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha gotcha, Ive noticed, when someone needs a TE, they look at Maryland alot :lol: it seems they breed them :lol:

I think both are going to be Top 10 for sure... But your right, MW could go 2...I would LOVE TO see Leinhart and Young slip back out of the Top 3, just because of the talk it would stir up :elaine: ya know..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Supposedly...

Softballkid said:
I think if nothing solid comes out, Bush goes first... Leinhart 2nd, then Young or Young might even be the 4th pick...
I think MV will get drafted, but not very high... I think he could possibly be around when the Skins pick 53...Possible...

...Bush will go to Houston if they have a deal first.

And VD is the manster tight end.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...Bush will go to Houston if they have a deal first.

And VD is the manster tight end.

I know that is the talk about Bush... I heard they also tried to "lower" Bush's value so to speak by talking to a few other guys :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We all pretty much...

Softballkid said:
I know that is the talk about Bush... I heard they also tried to "lower" Bush's value so to speak by talking to a few other guys :lmao:

...think the money a high pick gets is insane. I mean, there'e a laundry list of GREAT players, high picks, but you still ain't gonna go all the way if you don't have that decent back up guard for when the #1 guy goes down late in the season and you STILL need the WR who will block and you STILL need the #2 RB who knows how to pick up the blitz.

I'd trade my #1 every year if I could get, say, a #2, a couple threes, and maybe a 4 and a 5.

The guy, Bush, anyone, is ONE play from being doen for the year and there goes all that money.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
...think the money a high pick gets is insane. I mean, there'e a laundry list of GREAT players, high picks, but you still ain't gonna go all the way if you don't have that decent back up guard for when the #1 guy goes down late in the season and you STILL need the WR who will block and you STILL need the #2 RB who knows how to pick up the blitz.

I'd trade my #1 every year if I could get, say, a #2, a couple threes, and maybe a 4 and a 5.

The guy, Bush, anyone, is ONE play from being doen for the year and there goes all that money.

Or career :yay: well said :high5:

J

juggy4805

If someone picked up maurice clarett someone better get Marcus vick.

Go Team...:thewave:

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 60

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
dickfitzwell said:
Mario Williams to Texas (unless Bush and Texas reach a deal), Leinhart to the Saints, Bush possibly could fall into the Packers lap if teams draft on needs and not best available.

Vernon Davis to the Lions or Cardinals.

The above is said IF there is not a last minute trade. My bet is that IF Bush does not go to Texans, the phones for the Saints will be ringing off the hooks.

I can't see Bush falling to the Packers at all. I think a more likely scenario would be if Houston stays at #1 and doesn't take Bush, somebody pulls off a trade to move up and nab him. Just don't see him lasting to #5. I think the Pack sit tight at #5 and take A.J. Hawk.

My guess for top 5:

1. Houston - takes Bush after all
2. Saints - Super Mario
3. Titans - Matt Leinhart (think the Vince Young interest is a front for negotiating with Leinhart's camp)
4. Jets - D'Brick
5. Pack - A.J. Hawk

I know it's a status quo list for the top 5, but each of those picks makes some sense for those teams. Can't wait for Saturday!

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
dickfitzwell said:
Understand your reasoning and that is a safe Top 5 although the Jets need to think about a new QB. I dont think Bush will fall to number 5 but I have seen stranger things on draft day! I do agree qwith you on one point, I cant wait until Saturday either.

You're right on that the Jets need to think about a new QB (speaking as Southern Maryland's premier - if not only - NY Jets fan!).

I'd like to see them take D'Brick or Super Mario (whichever, if either, are available at #4) and take a QB with a later pick. Maybe Croyle from Alabama, or Clemens from Oregon. But if Leinhart happens to still be available when the Jets pick, it will be interesting.

You're right about strange things on draft day. It rarely ends up going the way the "experts" pick.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...so, going in, the Redskins were looking for a linebacker and McIntosh sounds great; high intelligence score, played inside and out (versatile) and, well, he's a Hurricane and aren't they all at least decent pros?

Montgomery might be the immovable object at d tackle that so many teams do well with.

Then the safety, Doughty, Northern Colorado. (Northern Colorado?). Another DT, Golston, from Georgia. OL Lefotu from Arizona and Tennessee LB Simon.

So, issues left to resolve;

Shawn Taylor.

Quality depth on the O line.

Plan B at quarterback in the offhand chance that 73 year old Mark Brunel has issues over the course of the season.

Anyone know more about the draft picks?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Draft surpises...(or at least notes of interest)

...Leinhart falling to 10

...Bush allowing himself to fall into the abyss known as the Saints over a few extra million dollars that he now won't get anyway.

The Bills passing on Leinhart and really not looking like they did very good.

Broncos getting perhaps the best QB in Cutler at 11.

Learning how to pronounce 'D'brick a shaw'

Vernon going to the sad sack 49'ers.

Vince Young proving that he simply has to much athletic talent and upside to be ignored. We could be looking at a better Randal Cunningham.

No one thinks much of Marcus Vick.

Is Mario Williams really that good?

donbarzini

Larry Gude said:
... and, well, he's a Hurricane and aren't they all at least decent pros?

Yeah, Larry, at least decent pros, but MUCH better as criminals and morons. (Irvin, Taylor, Winslow.....etc)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I take it...

donbarzini said:
Yeah, Larry, at least decent pros, but MUCH better as criminals and morons. (Irvin, Taylor, Winslow.....etc)

...you're not getting much Hurricane Booster material in the mail?