NFL fines Eric Davis for hit on Boldin

Otter

Nothing to see here
I've looked at the video of that hit and I think Davis is getting a raw deal. Davis's line on Boldin would not have resulted in a helmet to helmet hit if the other jet defender hadn't knocked Boldin into Davis. Football is a violent game, and after looking at that video a dozen times, it was just an unfortunate hit. To be fined 50k(I think) and suspended for a week for something that couldn't be avoided sucks. BTW, I dislike both teams, so my opinion has nothing to do with being a fan of either.

moviegirl1980

It's only life....
I concur. There are a lot of calls that happen like that although most do not end with fines. You can not stop your momentum in the air. He wouldnt have hit him if he hadnt been hit from the other direction. So sad.

angelbaby

I concur. There are a lot of calls that happen like that although most do not end with fines. You can not stop your momentum in the air. He wouldnt have hit him if he hadnt been hit from the other direction. So sad.

:yeahthat: That's just football. It's a rough sport and sometime you can't stop momentum.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I agree with the fine to drive the point home to other players but it was a steep fine and a one game suspension too.

Sheesh.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I agree with the fine to drive the point home to other players but it was a steep fine and a one game suspension too.

Sheesh.

I would understand the fine if it was deliberate, but that hit was unavoidable due to circumstance. :whistle:

nope, I'm not a sport forum participant and only a Jet fan by marriage :bigwhoop: :lmao::lmao:

JMO