NFL first quarter review...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
NFC East; All Cowboys.
Eagles look like they'll be OK. Giants too. Redskins haven't proven anything at all.

NFC North; The Pack is back! Bears are in free fall, Lions are surprising and looks like the Vikes don't matter.

NFC South; New Orleans has fallen off, the Bucs look like they better, the Panthers, anh, and the Falcons are also rans.

NFC West; Seahawks are the class of the division again. Rams and 49ers are blah and the Cardinals played one hell of a game today.

Playoffs; Boys, Hawks, Packers, Bucs, Eagles...Cardinals?

AFC East: All about the Pats. Phish and Bills and Jets, also ran.

AFC North; We'll see about the Bengals tonight. Ravens blah, Steelers will be there, the Browns are the Lions, it seems.

AFC South; All Colts, Jax, Texans, ang, maybe the Titans get a wild card?

AFC West; Chargers are bombing, KC and Denver are nothing special and th Raiders are anh.

Pats, Steelers, Colts, Denver? Then Cinncy and...and Titans?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Eagles, wtf, I got a feeling their fans are in for a long year. How do they go from looking so good one week to horrible the next?

Pete

Repete
Westbrook is the whole team, without him the are nothing. he's what makes McNabb occaisonally look good.

Does Westbrook play O line? Last night I was expecting Strahan and that guy whose name I can't spell, to toss McNabb a pair of panties and a bra because he was their biatch for sure.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Does Westbrook play O line? Last night I was expecting Strahan and that guy whose name I can't spell, to toss McNabb a pair of panties and a bra because he was their biatch for sure.

Someone needs to Fire #74 Justice on the eagles. 12 freaking sacks, most of them were from his side.

Why the hell didnt Reid pull that worthless piece of garbage off the field and sit his ass on the bench.

The eagles are done....

OldHillcrestGuy

At least with Westbrook in there McNabb could have handed off to him or thrown one of his little flare passes to him before he got buried. Was fun to watch him getting sacked, kept me up late, to see just how many times they were going to get to him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...gotta revisit the review now that the Skins have finished 1/4 of their season.

Sure can't complain about 3-1 at all, especially after just ripping the Lions.

The good;

O: JC definitely took the next step up in the development of a starting NFL qb. He looked poised and in command and threw a bunch of solid passes. Sellers is going to get banned if he keeps killing people. Cooley looks great as always.

D: The D is good week in and week out. Other than a bad half against the Giants when they got NO help from the offense, they are, if not #3 where they are now, likely a solid top 10 throughout the season. They are good enough and then some.

Special teams is a team strength.

The bad;

O; Offense injuries. There is no margin for error in a long season on the O line and our top two WR's are gonna fight hamstrings for the rest of the season. It's gonna have to be WR by committee and Caldwell and McCardell are obviously gonna play. If only Brandon Lloyd would get with the program.
CP doesn't seem 100% and the fumbles are certainly bothersome.

D: Nothing, really. If the Lions game gets everyone to step up a notch and make those INT's and cause fumbles and get an extra sack or two, could be great. Smoot does seem to get hurt on every play, so, maybe we're thin at CB.

The Lions seemed to know our snap count the whole game. The Giants seem to be all over it as well. Better teams are gonna make us pay for that.

We're still not smooth in terms of pressure situation play calling.

So, 3-1 and a game coming up at Lambeau that a week ago I would have expected us to lose and now maybe we should win it?

GusChiggins

Old Prospector
...but that's nothing new. The D is what worries me. They look human.
agreed. like i said your pass defense is hurting when you're waiting for samari rolle to come back... he got burnt all the time last year.

i'm also thinking thomas's pass covering ability is being missed. the middle of the field is a little more open than it used to be.