NFL fumbles

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When did fumbles become a rugby scrum? I hate that a fumble that isn't clearly controlled turns into a scene from a discount department store on black Friday. This scrum seems to be a recent phenomenon. I don't remember seeing them decades ago. Somehow they need to find a way to minimize who jumps in after it's obvious someone in the pile has control of the ball.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When did fumbles become a rugby scrum? I hate that a fumble that isn't clearly controlled turns into a scene from a discount department store on black Friday. This scrum seems to be a recent phenomenon. I don't remember seeing them decades ago. Somehow they need to find a way to minimize who jumps in after it's obvious someone in the pile has control of the ball.

Always been that way, for as long as I can remember. Same for high school. First time I was in one I thought my life was over. It is simply amazing how much power is being exerted when 6-8 people are fighting tooth and nail for the ball. Amazing.

Greatest scum in Redskins History, SB 21 against Denver, Bronco's score on their first play and next possession, 10-0, Skins are on the verge of being blown out, fumble ensuing kickoff, Denver, clearly, recovers. Redskins special teams ace and minor legend, Terry Orr, dug his way to the ball and got it. Maybe saved the day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd like to know when punching people to get them to drop the ball became legal.

It was approved along with trying to break one anothers fingers, ankle twisting and rear naked chokes. You just can't use hollow points. Other than that, all's fair in love and scrums.

glhs837

Power with Control
It was approved along with trying to break one anothers fingers, ankle twisting and rear naked chokes. You just can't use hollow points. Other than that, all's fair in love and scrums.

So, when the wife questions my use of whatever the hell a rear naked choke is, I can tell her it's a Gude Approved technique in love? I suspect hollow pints might make her list pretty fast.....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, when the wife questions my use of whatever the hell a rear naked choke is, I can tell her it's a Gude Approved technique in love? I suspect hollow pints might make her list pretty fast.....

I wouldn't recommend it for love although the auto-erotic among us might.

However, if she touches the remote...