NFL injuries

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The topic du jour recently has been concussions. That lead to a whole bunch of new rules on how you can and can't tackle someone.

Yesterday it seems like a lot of folks got season ending knee cartilage and ligament injuries. Look for more changes on tackling. My crystal ball is showing a near future where the tackler won't be able to leave their feet in order to stop someone. The days of going low will be a distant memory. Gone the way of clothes lines, stickum and full backs.

GregV814

Its just pussification of our society. I see flag football only; soon being played by amazon lesbians like roller derby except less entertaining. We have pussified the military, can sports be too far behind???? And, the referees will be the same gay men that live together and throw pink flaggies when one player has actual contact with another.....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yup. The guy who destroyed Gronkowski's knee said he aimed low purposely, not to injure, but to avoid risking penalties/fines from anything even close to a high hit. It has been argued by many players and commentators that many knees will be blown out because tacklers are forced to go low to avoid that letter from the league.

T.J. Ward: If I hit Rob Gronkowski high, I would have been fined | ProFootballTalk

“If I would’ve hit him up high, there’s a chance I was going to get a fine,” Ward said, via the Boston Globe.

Ward says NFL defensive backs are put in a tough position by the league office.

“It’s kind of being caught between a rock and a hard place,” he said. “It’s a decision you have to make, but you have to follow the rules at the same time. When they set the rule, everyone knew what was going to happen. This can happen if you have those types of situations. It’s pretty much inevitable, and they forced our hand with this one.”

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
THIS is EXACTLY the point Brandon Meriweather was making several weeks ago. You know, the one where every sportscaster in America said he needed to be banned from playing ever again because they said it sounded like a threat.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
THIS is EXACTLY the point Brandon Meriweather was making several weeks ago. You know, the one where every sportscaster in America said he needed to be banned from playing ever again because they said it sounded like a threat.

Agreed. He is one of my dudes from the U, and he was/is/will be right on target. Screw the Goodell, the rest of the NFL, sportscasters, and anyone else that did not see this reality coming.