NFL just past halfway...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How's the regular season gonna end?

AFC

East; Pats and Jets, right? No debate there. The 7-2 Jets hold the edge as of today for the division with a huge game at NE in three weeks. They go Houston at home, Cinncy at home, at NE, Miami home, at Steelers, at Bears, Buffalo at home to finish the season.

Houston has to win or their season may be over, if it isn't already given that a wildcard ain't likely to make it out of the AFC South. Cinncy at home they should pummel. Then the big one at Pats. Should be able to handle the Phish in a home hangover game (week after a big game is the hangover game) then another big game at Steelers, a test away with the Bears who are flirting with being for real and then a late season bye with Buffalo at home to end it.

That's three wins, likely, Cinncy, Phish and Bills, to get to 10 plus call it 2 out of three one way or the other with with Texans/Steelers/Pats to get to 11 or 12 and a coin toss with the Bears which may be one heck of a game if they both still need it. Call it 12-4? 11-5 at worst?

Pats, also 7-2, start with Indy at home. I only see this going one way, especially with Brady on a mission. Beating Detroit on the road, the monster with Jets at home which they must win if they need to win the division though it is shaping up for both the Jets and Pats to get in. A potential big game at Chicago, then GB at home, another big game, at Buff and finish with Miami at home in a blizzard.

Colts, Det, Buff and Miami make them 11 with their big three games, Jets, GB and Chicago, leaving them at, if they go 2 out of 3 one way or the other, 12 or 13 wins. They beat Indy, they are in the drivers seat for the division.

Everybody else wanna pick a division?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Why bother talking about a bunch of losers when you can talk about who's going to take it all? :biggrin: :yay:

Attachments

• patriots.jpg
    patriots.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 88

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
AFC:

Steelers, Patriots, Tennessee, Oakland. Wild card: Indianapolis, New York Jets

NFC:

Eagles, Bears, Falcons, Rams. Wild card: New York Giants, Green Bay Packers.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

AFC

East; Pats and Jets, right? No debate there. The 7-2 Jets hold the edge as of today for the division with a huge game at NE in three weeks. They go Houston at home, Cinncy at home, at NE, Miami home, at Steelers, at Bears, Buffalo at home to finish the season.

Houston has to win or their season may be over, if it isn't already given that a wildcard ain't likely to make it out of the AFC South. Cinncy at home they should pummel. Then the big one at Pats. Should be able to handle the Phish in a home hangover game (week after a big game is the hangover game) then another big game at Steelers, a test away with the Bears who are flirting with being for real and then a late season bye with Buffalo at home to end it.

That's three wins, likely, Cinncy, Phish and Bills, to get to 10 plus call it 2 out of three one way or the other with with Texans/Steelers/Pats to get to 11 or 12 and a coin toss with the Bears which may be one heck of a game if they both still need it. Call it 12-4? 11-5 at worst?

Pats, also 7-2, start with Indy at home. I only see this going one way, especially with Brady on a mission. Beating Detroit on the road, the monster with Jets at home which they must win if they need to win the division though it is shaping up for both the Jets and Pats to get in. A potential big game at Chicago, then GB at home, another big game, at Buff and finish with Miami at home in a blizzard.

Colts, Det, Buff and Miami make them 11 with their big three games, Jets, GB and Chicago, leaving them at, if they go 2 out of 3 one way or the other, 12 or 13 wins. They beat Indy, they are in the drivers seat for the division.

Everybody else wanna pick a division?

I think an AFC South team will be wild card -- two good teams and one inconsistent team that has sparks of greatness.

Beta84

They're out to get us
This season has been frustrating. The "top" teams aren't that great so when you see them go back and forth all the time you just have to wonder. The Jets have won 4(?) lucky games in a row against crappy teams. They could just as easily be 3-6 as 7-2. Ever since that loss to the Packers they've been mediocre. They have 7 wins and could certainly go on to win the East, but they could just as easily lose out based on how they've played. The Pats won't lose out, but you never know which Pats team you'll get which is just as maddening.

After all is said and done, the AFC is going to look like a list of the usual suspects. Until the Jets start beating bad teams the right way, I am very hesitant to call them a playoff lock.

AFC:
Ravens, Patriots, Colts, Chargers. Wild card: Steelers, New York Jets (barely over a handful of other teams)

NFC:
Eagles, Packers, Falcons, Rams. Wild card: Giants, Saints (pushed by Bears)

Larry Gude

Strung Out

AFC

...Pats, also 7-2, start with Indy at home. I only see this going one way, especially with Brady on a mission. Beating Detroit on the road, the monster with Jets at home which they must win if they need to win the division though it is shaping up for both the Jets and Pats to get in.

:popcorn:

AFC title game preview tonight!

BuddyLee

Football addict
:popcorn:

AFC title game preview tonight!
Nah.

Jets are pretenders. They haven't beaten anyone yet.

Beat New England in week 2 when their young defense was still trying to gel.

No other signature wins.

Lost to Baltimore. Lost to Green Bay - shut out.

They have yet to impress me. Big game no-shows.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nah.

Jets are pretenders. They haven't beaten anyone yet.

Beat New England in week 2 when their young defense was still trying to gel.

No other signature wins.

Lost to Baltimore. Lost to Green Bay - shut out.

They have yet to impress me. Big game no-shows.

Impressed now? :lol:

Wow. I think I can say I was wrong about this one. Tough to see them getting through anyone to get back to NE after that.

:jameo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Impressed now? :lol:

Wow. I think I can say I was wrong about this one. Tough to see them getting through anyone to get back to NE after that.

:jameo:
They struggled to beat a Cleveland and Minnesota team.

Patriots looked like the real deal last night, on and off the field. See that team huddle? Awesome!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Brady is a little bi!ch. Every time they show his mug on tv, I want to punch him in it. And Belichick is just a flat out jerk.
If they coached/played for the Steelers it would be a much different story.:lol:

Belicheck doesn't have to be rosy sunshine. It's a competitive business.

Brady is a lil' late round draft pick ##### who gets it done on a consistent basis.

It's fun to watch good football.:buddies: