Hank

my war
-Sanchez signs 3 year contract

-Jacobs released by Giants

-Colts release Addai and Dallas Clark

thurley42

HY;FR
I don't understand this. :confused:
Everyone knows that SF needs help in the WR dept but Randy Moss? Why not just bring back TO? :lol:

I thought they would try to get some young talent.

What are you talking about?????? Randy Moss is still a huge deep threat. If you have him, Crabtree, and Davis on the field that will force defenses to pick who they are going to double cover and leave the other one or two open. I think that was one of the best moves San Fran could have made, they were 2 turnovers away from going to the Super Bowl. Adding a motivated to win Moss makes them that much more deadly.

CrashTest

What are you talking about?????? Randy Moss is still a huge deep threat. If you have him, Crabtree, and Davis on the field that will force defenses to pick who they are going to double cover and leave the other one or two open. I think that was one of the best moves San Fran could have made, they were 2 turnovers away from going to the Super Bowl. Adding a motivated to win Moss makes them that much more deadly.

I agree. I think TO can still play, however, in San Fran, he would be just an old version of what Vernon Davis offers now. Moss offers a different dynamic.

thurley42

HY;FR
I agree. I think TO can still play, however, in San Fran, he would be just an old version of what Vernon Davis offers now. Moss offers a different dynamic.

:yay: His problem isn't ability, it's his attitude if he isn't winning. He seems to get along with Harbaugh, and I think Jim controls that locker room. The players reacted very positive to him this year....look what he did with Alex Smith.

CrashTest

:yay: His problem isn't ability, it's his attitude if he isn't winning. He seems to get along with Harbaugh, and I think Jim controls that locker room. The players reacted very positive to him this year....look what he did with Alex Smith.

In his last year in Cincy, he was very well behaved and had pretty good numbers and the team didn't go anywhere. If fact, he was so good in Cincy, Chad Ochocinco because a has-been overnight.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

IMO, Moss isn't what he used to be. There's a reason why he was on 3 different teams in 2010. Besides, SF would really benefit from a QB that can get the job done. Even though he's improved, I still think Smith has a long way to go. Moss had good years with Brady in NE but Smith is no Brady.
At this point, I still see SF winning with their DEFENSE.

As for TO, of course he can still play (in the arena league) :lol:

I just think both Moss and TO are "over-the-hill" in terms of how productive they are for an NFL team. Time will tell. For Randy's sake, I hope he has a good year.

thurley42

HY;FR
IMO, Moss isn't what he used to be. There's a reason why he was on 3 different teams in 2010. Besides, SF would really benefit from a QB that can get the job done. Even though he's improved, I still think Smith has a long way to go. Moss had good years with Brady in NE but Smith is no Brady.
At this point, I still see SF winning with their DEFENSE.

As for TO, of course he can still play (in the arena league) :lol:

I just think both Moss and TO are "over-the-hill" in terms of how productive they are for an NFL team. Time will tell. For Randy's sake, I hope he has a good year.

Moss is still running 4.3 40's. They were talking about that yesterday in the workout...he's bigger than everyone else and has the hands...I agree TO is over the hill, and most of all I agree that SF wins with defense....but I think a huge deep threat will never hurt the team.

I have to tell you, Alex Smith really impressed me last year. Harbaugh knows how to work with him and I think it's just the surface of many good things to come from Smith. I also loved the post game conference where he wore his name on his shirt...

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Moss is still running 4.3 40's. They were talking about that yesterday in the workout...he's bigger than everyone else and has the hands...I agree TO is over the hill, and most of all I agree that SF wins with defense....but I think a huge deep threat will never hurt the team.

I have to tell you, Alex Smith really impressed me last year. Harbaugh knows how to work with him and I think it's just the surface of many good things to come from Smith. I also loved the post game conference where he wore his name on his shirt...

Like I said, we'll see how Moss works out. Don't get me wrong I think Moss is a great WR, but he is getting older. Everything might look good on paper but he doesn't always end up producing (look at his Oakland years). Having a deep threat will always help a team (any team), however you need to be able to get the ball to him. Smith has improved but I think he'll need to become more patient in the pocket to throw the long ball and resist the urge to scramble. As long as Smith continues to improve then Moss has a better chance of being successful. It will be interesting to watch. One thing for sure, Harbaugh did one hell of a great job with the 9ers last season.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Like I said, we'll see how Moss works out. Don't get me wrong I think Moss is a great WR, but he is getting older. Everything might look good on paper but he doesn't always end up producing (look at his Oakland years). Having a deep threat will always help a team (any team), however you need to be able to get the ball to him. Smith has improved but I think he'll need to become more patient in the pocket to throw the long ball and resist the urge to scramble. As long as Smith continues to improve then Moss has a better chance of being successful. It will be interesting to watch. One thing for sure, Harbaugh did one hell of a great job with the 9ers last season.

Moss is a good receiver but I lost all respect for him back in '0??? when the Vikings played the Skins and he walked off the field and to the tunnel before the game was over. Piss poor attitude

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Moss is a good receiver but I lost all respect for him back in '0??? when the Vikings played the Skins and he walked off the field and to the tunnel before the game was over. Piss poor attitude

yeah, he's no Jerry Rice. I probably should have said he's a "good" WR rather than "great" but he sure put up some great numbers in NE with Brady. I agree about his attitude. I remember him on the field and not even taking part in some plays when the ball was snapped cuz they were runnin the ball. At least he could block or what if it was a busted play and somehow they had to throw to someone. It's a game, anything can happen. Only time will tell how things work out for him in SF.