NFL record; 352 consecutive games...

Rael

Supper's Ready
...Jeff Feagles retires today.

:buddies:

Yeah, I read the other day this was likely. Didn't go listen to their/his formal announcement yet. Grateful for all he's done not only with the Giants, but his whole career.

Cheers to Jeff Feagles. :buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I just listened to Feagles' and Coughlin's announcement. As Feagles said something like "I"m a punter and got a press conference" says something about his contribution to the game. Don't see too many punter conferences...:lol:

Not sure how many good directional punters there are in the game now, but it certainly sounds like that's the way this game is going, and that he contributed a lot toward that strategy (which, by his own words, took a LOT of effort to do well).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I
Not sure how many good directional punters there are in the game now, but it certainly sounds like that's the way this game is going, and that he contributed a lot toward that strategy (which, by his own words, took a LOT of effort to do well).

He may have been the last of the directional punters. Seems like the rest of the punters in the league are too concerned about average yardage and staggering hangtimes. Hell, give me a guy averaging 30 yds a punt and puts it inside the 20 more than 50% of the time.

Rael

Supper's Ready
He may have been the last of the directional punters. Seems like the rest of the punters in the league are too concerned about average yardage and staggering hangtimes. Hell, give me a guy averaging 30 yds a punt and puts it inside the 20 more than 50% of the time.
That's too bad, unless hang times work better than ball placement (I prefer the latter, too). As much as no team wants to punt, I always felt confident when Feagles got out there. And sure, he's flubbed some, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen him drop it in the corner inside the 10 or 5 to help set up the D. If it works better, I'm wondering why there wouldn't be more of them.
A thread for a punter!

:lol:
Yeah, not something you read or talk about everyday, is it? :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's too bad, unless hang times work better than ball placement (I prefer the latter, too). As much as no team wants to punt, I always felt confident when Feagles got out there. And sure, he's flubbed some, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen him drop it in the corner inside the 10 or 5 to help set up the D. If it works better, I'm wondering why there wouldn't be more of them.

Yeah, not something you read or talk about everyday, is it? :lol:

Because it's not as easy as many think it is.

Oh, sure, we laugh, we look at the punter and guffaw and snicker 'football layer, ha!'. Yes, we look at the Reggie Roby's of the world and think just any big legged lout could do it.

Well, let me tell you people, it ain't as easy as it looks and it ain't easy to do it season after season let alone over 20.

So, you celebrate your glamor boy quarterbacks, your stud running backs. You roar with applause for the killer linebacker or the stud linemen or your lightning fast wide outs. However, when field position is needed, when a tight game demands an incremental and steady winning of turf is needed, you just give maybe a little thought and appreciation to the true surgical instruments of the gridiron, the punter. :drama:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Because it's not as easy as many think it is.

Oh, sure, we laugh, we look at the punter and guffaw and snicker 'football layer, ha!'. Yes, we look at the Reggie Roby's of the world and think just any big legged lout could do it.

Well, let me tell you people, it ain't as easy as it looks and it ain't easy to do it season after season let alone over 20.

So, you celebrate your glamor boy quarterbacks, your stud running backs. You roar with applause for the killer linebacker or the stud linemen or your lightning fast wide outs. However, when field position is needed, when a tight game demands an incremental and steady winning of turf is needed, you just give maybe a little thought and appreciation to the true surgical instruments of the gridiron, the punter. :drama:

Here! Here! Well said. :lol: