NFL Sportscasters

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Is it just me?
Tony Romo and Troy Aikman have an irritating voice.
I've always been a Dallas fan, but I really wish they would shut the "F" up and go into a quiet retirement.

Grumpy

Is it just me?
I've always been a Dallas fan, but I really wish they would shut the "F" up and go into a quiet retirement.
I don't think there are any sportcasters that I really like..Aikman I don't hear usually because I think his partner Joe Buck is a total jackazz..I don't mind Romo, he's usually tuned into what a team is trying and what to watch out for..More enthusiastic than most announcers, so many of them seem like they are going through the motions or they get excited about some arcane tidbit on a player (did you know that so-n-so had perfect school attendence in 2nd grade?). I enjoyed Madden for the first 2 or 3 years but his act got old in a hurry.

gemma_rae

Is it just me?
That's Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, they suck! Romo is actually very good.:yay:

Edit: Oops! Grumpy beat me by seconds!:notworthy

Grumpy

One thing to note...DW is a Dallas fan and ALL Dallas fans hate Romo. I bet every weeks games (for 30 yrs) with an old work contact in Dallas and she says it's universal down there when he was playing that they all hated Romo.

DaSDGuy

That's Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, they suck! Romo is actually very good.:yay:

Edit: Oops! Grumpy beat me by seconds!:notworthy
Agree, but I give credit to Joe Buck for the funniest line I've heard all year:
Start of Dallas Cowboys vs NY Giants game. Buck says "New York has won the toss and elected to leave".

gemma_rae

One thing to note...DW is a Dallas fan and ALL Dallas fans hate Romo. I bet every weeks games (for 30 yrs) with an old work contact in Dallas and she says it's universal down there when he was playing that they all hated Romo.
Hated Romo?:yikes: But why? I always liked Romo.

gemma_rae

I liked Romo as a quarterback.
His voice just irks me as a sportscaster.
Last time I actually watched a game Romo was calling he was saying "I would do this, I would do that" and damned if they didn't do it! about 5 plays in a row! I thought he had a freaking headset on.

I gotta be honest though, I only watched one game this year and it was Tampa Bay. Yeah, because of Brady, that sweet piece of ass!!!!

GregV814

I dont know how many of you guys remember how we howled at Howard Cosell on Monday Night Football, with Dandy Don and Frank Gifford...
Howard used $50.00 words to explain the receiver was out of bounds....Don Meredith was drunk half the time, Frank was a legit play-by-play guy till he married the skank.

Art Donovan was funny. Joe Buck is a poor imitation of his father.... But to me, when I was a young lad, Chris Shenkle (?) was THE FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER.

Grumpy

I dont know how many of you guys remember how we howled at Howard Cosell on Monday Night Football, with Dandy Don and Frank Gifford...

Sent my Dallas buddy a recording of Dandy Don singing 'Turn out the lights, the party is over' just this past Thursday... :lol:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No crew will ever top listening to Sonny, Sam and Frank doing Redskins games! Right @Grumpy
I listened to a lot of skin's game back in the day. Those announcers were the best. They had great booth chemistry. They made the game very enjoyable to listen to.

Dennis Miller was a fantastic addition to MNF. Too bad a lot of people didn't get his brand of humor.