NH RVers found dead at Padre Island

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Bodies unearthed in a shallow grave on a south Texas beach were those of a missing New Hampshire couple whose pickup and RV were stolen and driven to Mexico, according to reports.

As usual, more information is needed. I presume they were boondocking on the beach, but it would be helpful if the story would confirm that. I also presume that the killer(s) crossed over at Matamoros/Brownsville, in which case they are gone and will never be located. Unless they are stupid enough to use it to transport drugs back to the US, which will get them caught pretty quick.

This is just another reason why I won't boondock and insist on staying in a proper RV park with close neighbors. People do it every day all across America without incident, but I always think about that when we see RVers set up in a remote location - anything could happen to you and it might be a week before a Ranger or cop comes to check.

Hijinx

Can we assume this was an illegal going home, or an American liberal leaving the country because Trump is president.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can we assume this was an illegal going home, or an American liberal leaving the country because Trump is president.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's a drug person coming over specifically to steal an RV to use as a meth lab back in Mexico. But I totally made that up and it could be anything.

officeguy

This is just another reason why I won't boondock and insist on staying in a proper RV park with close neighbors. People do it every day all across America without incident, but I always think about that when we see RVers set up in a remote location - anything could happen to you and it might be a week before a Ranger or cop comes to check.

How often does this happen ? I worry more about places where I am crowded together with others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How often does this happen ? I worry more about places where I am crowded together with others.

This is the first I've heard of someone being killed but boondockers get their rigs broken into all the time. At RV parks there's usually restricted access in some form and everyone looks out for everyone else, so someone who doesn't belong there not only gets noticed but questioned as well.

BOP

I had mine broken into while it was parked near Temecula, in California. They took EVERYTHING. They even took the toilet paper.

I'm glad they caught the guy, but they didn't say anything about the female accomplice. So with extradition issues, I hope TX authorites only charge them with theft until AFTER they are extradited, then file murder charges.

Hijinx

I owe the illegals an apology on this one.
If proven guilty I hope Texas doesn't play around for years waiting to execute this guy.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm glad they caught the guy, but they didn't say anything about the female accomplice. So with extradition issues, I hope TX authorites only charge them with theft until AFTER they are extradited, then file murder charges.
:yeahthat: I hope El Presidente HugAThug plays ball on extradition.