Nhl All Star Week

LordStanley

I know nothing
If you all get a chance to flip on the game, Lets hear what everyone thinks of the "new" uniforms....

Tonight in the "NHL Salute to a Generation of Stars" on TV. Whatever the hell that is.
Tomorrow night is the YoungStars Game, SuperSkills event.
Wednesday is the Game..... should be fun to watch

LordStanley

I know nothing
Negative Nancy said:
What channel is it on? I thought it wasn't on any real channels.

Its on Verses.... Which used to be OLN. Direct TV channel 608.

Im not sure what cable channel that equates to.

C

chess

Plus... ALEX THE GREAT... is going to be playing, and is in a few of the skills contest.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LordStanley said:
Should be fun watching the skills competition tonight

I had to work last night, but my son told me someone hit the puck like 100 mph last night in the hardest shot comp?

He said the whole thing was pretty cool.

LordStanley

I know nothing
nachomama said:
I had to work last night, but my son told me someone hit the puck like 100 mph last night in the hardest shot comp?

He said the whole thing was pretty cool.

Zedeno Chara Hit 100.4 ----- He's a tall M'effer

Your Boy Ovechkin was a little slow last night. He had the slowest time in the fastest Skater comp. 15 seconds..... Must of forgotten to eat his wheaties

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LordStanley said:
Zedeno Chara Hit 100.4 ----- He's a tall M'effer

Your Boy Ovechkin was a little slow last night. He had the slowest time in the fastest Skater comp. 15 seconds..... Must of forgotten to eat his wheaties

That's what boy said. Ovey was off last night, Crosby scored the winning shots. And the dude that hit that puck "was like 7 feet tall or something, he was way taller than the rest of them". He plays for the Bruins right?

LordStanley

I know nothing
nachomama said:
That's what boy said. Ovey was off last night, Crosby scored the winning shots. And the dude that hit that puck "was like 7 feet tall or something, he was way taller than the rest of them". He plays for the Bruins right?

Yup he does now, chara used to play for the Sens.

Kerad

As much as I love hockey, I don't really enjoy the All-Star game that much. Theres no checking....at all. I attempted to watch the Young Stars game last night, but gave up on it after I saw that, not only was there no checking (which was expected)...but they weren't even shooting the puck hard. Watching practice is more exciting.

I may watch a bit tonight to see what Sid may do...but if tonight's game resembles last night's, I'll tune out pretty quickly.

Kerad

Well, the All-Star game was better than the Young Stars was. It's still tough to watch a game where the only "defense" is intercepting passes...but it was tolerable. Looking forward to real hockey again on Friday.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
Well, the All-Star game was better than the Young Stars was. It's still tough to watch a game where the only "defense" is intercepting passes...but it was tolerable. Looking forward to real hockey again on Friday.

Yes... I only watched the first period. Then went to play hockey myself.

I must say. I like the new equipment. The jerseys looked nice. I liked the new pattern on the socks too.... It will be intresting to see the price tag on the new equipment next year.

Kerad

LordStanley said:
Yes... I only watched the first period. Then went to play hockey myself.

I must say. I like the new equipment. The jerseys looked nice. I liked the new pattern on the socks too.... It will be intresting to see the price tag on the new equipment next year.

While the new uni's don't look as bad as imagined, the NHL was less then sincere when it was announced they would unveil the new jerseys at the All-Star game. Most fans were thinking we'd get to see the jerseys for the teams...not just the All-Star jerseys, which are always tacky.

Bait and switch.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kerad said:
While the new uni's don't look as bad as imagined, the NHL was less then sincere when it was announced they would unveil the new jerseys at the All-Star game. Most fans were thinking we'd get to see the jerseys for the teams...not just the All-Star jerseys, which are always tacky.

Bait and switch.

Reebok is going to have its hands full getting the Teams to change. Lots of team logos arent going to look right on the new jersey

Kerad

LordStanley said:
Reebok is going to have its hands full getting the Teams to change. Lots of team logos arent going to look right on the new jersey

As I understand it, the "design" of the jerseys (logos, striping, numbers) are all up to the individual teams. I've heard that around 6 teams are planning new logos, with the majority keeping the current version. Read somewhere that Reebok claims teams shouldn't have too hard of a time getting current logos to work...as there are different "cuts" available to accomodate different design schemes.

I did buy one of the new practice jerseys this year. The logo is smaller. Then again, this isn't an official preview of the real jerseys...so who knows? It is alot lighter, though...which is good.

Sure would have made sense to have the players wear their new team jerseys during the Young Stars/skills competition.