NHL Trade Deadline

Baz

This. ------------------>
As for the Caps acquiring a strong D-man:

After just 17 games with the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Washington Capitals have re-acquired defenceman Milan Jurcina for a sixth round draft pick.

There. All better!! Hahahaha!!!

Baz

Caps also picked up Joe Corvo Defensmen from the Canes. Can we start the Playoffs already?

I just saw that.

They gave up an awful lot for a turnover prone, offensive D-man, who is UFA after the season. Wasn't that the problem with their D to begin with??? I'm thinking the GM was in panic mode as it got near the deadline and pulled the trigger on Plan J, after unsuccessfully getting the guys he really wanted.

They did add some experienced grit up front with Bellanger and Walker. Maybe they can convert them to D! :smile: Apparantly they're thrilled with their goaltending situation, too.

Lots of acquisitions which didn't really address their 2 glaring needs for playoff success. Is Snyder calling the shots?

(Actually, it appears all of the guys they picked up today are UFA this year.)

Black-Francis

I just saw that.

They gave up an awful lot for a turnover prone, offensive D-man, who is UFA after the season. Wasn't that the problem with their D to begin with??? I'm thinking the GM was in panic mode as it got near the deadline and pulled the trigger on Plan J, after unsuccessfully getting the guys he really wanted.

They did add some experienced grit up front with Bellanger and Walker. Maybe they can convert them to D! :smile: Apparantly they're thrilled with their goaltending situation, too.

Lots of acquisitions which didn't really address their 2 glaring needs for playoff success. Is Snyder calling the shots?

(Actually, it appears all of the guys they picked up today are UFA this year.)

The Caps D has actually been injured.... and what goalie that was worth a chit was available? Aren't you a Penguin fan anyway? You sure seem wrapped up in Caps news.....:lmao:

Baz

The Caps D has actually been injured.... and what goalie that was worth a chit was available? Aren't you a Penguin fan anyway? You sure seem wrapped up in Caps news.....:lmao:

Well, they've got some depth for that injured D, I guess. Not that Corvo's bad, just that he's more of the same type of D-man the Caps already had, in my opinion.

As for goaltenders, the big name was Vokoun. The asking price would've been steep, but you'd have that position stabilized. I think a veteran like Tim Thomas, maybe could have helped.

Maybe Varly will get hot again. :shrug:

Black-Francis

Well, they've got some depth for that injured D, I guess. Not that Corvo's bad, just that he's more of the same type of D-man the Caps already had, in my opinion.

As for goaltenders, the big name was Vokoun. The asking price would've been steep, but you'd have that position stabilized. I think a veteran like Tim Thomas, maybe could have helped.

Vokoun?.....:killingme Theo is just as good as that clown!

OldHillcrestGuy

More forwards that they don't need. :shrug:

I dont see why they made so many moves, maybe Corvo, but the others don't make alot of sense. Caps do have a boatload of draft picks even after trading some of them today. They have plenty of defensemen already and have Carlson waiting in the wings. He got called up today.
I know alot of people are not on Shutlz's bandwagon but he is having a much better season this year then last. Its kind of like when Larry Murphy was here everybody was on his case.

OldHillcrestGuy

They dont need a quick fix for a goalie, we have 3 already on the roster and Theo is as good as anyone they could have gotten and Theo is having a good year inspite the death of his young son this past summer.

Black-Francis

I dont see why they made so many moves, maybe Corvo, but the others don't make alot of sense. Caps do have a boatload of draft picks even after trading some of them today. They have plenty of defensemen already and have Carlson waiting in the wings. He got called up today.
I know alot of people are not on Shutlz's bandwagon but he is having a much better season this year then last. Its kind of like when Larry Murphy was here everybody was on his case.

Corvo was a good pick....Caps needed someone that didn't mind dropping the gloves, so Walker was probably a good pick as well and honestly I liked Jurcina's play while he was here....On top of that, the Caps really didn't give up much. I like what they did.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They dont need a quick fix for a goalie, we have 3 already on the roster and Theo is as good as anyone they could have gotten and Theo is having a good year inspite the death of his young son this past summer.
Third best winning percentage in net this year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
After three games it appears these moves have been good for the Caps.

Theo has been playing the best of his career in the past month and a half.:yay: