NHL Winter Classic

Kerad

1pm on NBC.

The Mighty Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins at the Somewhat Less Mighty Buffalo Sabres.

Outdoors.
Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo. 70,000 expected.

This is going to be AWESOME!!! :yahoo:

:cheers:

Attachments

• WC_penguins1231a_500.jpg
    WC_penguins1231a_500.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 38
  • WCs_500.jpg
    WCs_500.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 40
T

toppick08

1pm on NBC.

The Mighty Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins at the Somewhat Less Mighty Buffalo Sabres.

Outdoors.
Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo. 70,000 expected.

This is going to be AWESOME!!! :yahoo:

:cheers:

:yawn:

Kerad

If you don't like hockey, why even post???

What's interesting to you? Watching one of the 58 college football bowl games?

Wow! The Chic-fil-A Amazon Ty-D-Bowl Wal-Mart Geico Jellybean Bowl from Omaha, Nebraska. Boise Tech Community college vs. Oregon Central Catholic Jr. college.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Wow! The Chic-fil-A Amazon Ty-D-Bowl Wal-Mart Geico Jellybean Bowl from Omaha, Nebraska. Boise Tech Community college vs. Oregon Central Catholic Jr. college.
:yeahthat:

The Florida game is on ESPN on ABC, so I decided to watch this (seeing as ESPN has effed up everything else).

Great game. :yahoo:

In Florida, we played street hockey (even though it was never cold), OUTSIDE. We also played football and basketball outside. None of this inside no weather pussified bullchit.

THIS is hockey at it's finest. :popcorn:

Kerad

:yeahthat:

THIS is hockey at it's purist. :popcorn:

:fixed:

This is such an amazing experience...even just watching it on tv. It has a bit of a "playoff feel"...only because neither team wants to lose it. Not just for the 2 points...but because it's hockey as all of the NHL'ers started it. Outside..in the elements.

Both teams will admit the spectacle makes the game a bit tougher to play...but not a single one of them would trade this experience for anything in the world.

It's really fun. :yay:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd like to thank...

...you for giving them more ideas.

Can't wait.

Anyway, hockey outdoor is very cool. Reminds me of the good old days of pro sports when they'd do all sorts of wacky stuff to draw a crowd. I can't imagine what the nose bleed folks can see given how tough it is from the upper deck inside with only 20,000

:buddies:

Kerad

...you for giving them more ideas.

Can't wait.

Anyway, hockey outdoor is very cool. Reminds me of the good old days of pro sports when they'd do all sorts of wacky stuff to draw a crowd. I can't imagine what the nose bleed folks can see given how tough it is from the upper deck inside with only 20,000

:buddies:

None of them left..so I assume they were just fine with the view.

I'm not going to pretend that the nosebleeds of Ralph Wilson is the ideal spot to watch a game from.

But this was an event, as opposed to "just a game".

Pittsburgh Penguins - Photos - NHL - Yahoo! Sports (Refresh the page)

Sidney wins the game on his shootout goal.

Brilliant. :yahoo:

And if you don't "get it"...then you never will.

Attachments

• crosby_59691.jpg
    crosby_59691.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Ladybug76

We're going to see the Rangers/Caps in Feb. Has anyone been up there for any games? It's on a Sunday afternoon, so I'm hoping traffic won't be a nightmare.

T

toppick08

Still beats hockey for me.....just my lowly opinion.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Speaking of hockey. If you have direct TV, tune into channel 218 or something close to that. They now have an all NHL channel. Nothing but hockey!:yahoo:

In HD too...

W

White Buddah

Speaking of hockey. If you have direct TV, tune into channel 218 or something close to that. They now have an all NHL channel. Nothing but hockey!:yahoo:

In HD too...

I think it's 215. Haven't caught anything on it yet. Now the bowl games are over, I'm going to check it out. Even though the Sabres lost, I loved watching the game. The stadium doesn't get that loud for football. The rink the kids were playing on was an awesome feature.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They made them play outside on REAL ice???

OOOOH the humanity!!

next thing you know they'll make NFL players play outside on GRASS!!! in the RAIN even!!

W

White Buddah

They made them play outside on REAL ice???

OOOOH the humanity!!

next thing you know they'll make NFL players play outside on GRASS!!! in the RAIN even!!

And basketball players will have to play on a court surrounded by a chain link fence, no nets, and bullets flying.