Nice dinner

amethyst_babes

We usually only go out to eat with our kids, but I would like to have a nice dinner with just me and Dh.

Any recommendations for a nice, romantic evening out?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dry Dock, Solomons,
Brome Howard Inn, St. Mary's City
Spinnakers, Ridge
Cafe des Artistes, Leonardtown

Just a few to start with...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by amethyst_babes
Does Dry Dock have a different menu every night?
Yes. :yum:

Spinnakers is closed until NYE due to the hurricane.[/B]
I wasn't aware of that.

Cafe des Artistes looks good. [/B]
I had dinner there a few weeks ago. Very good.

Bon Appetite!

BTW, I recommended Nook & Monks to Pete the other night and he really enjoyed it. They are also in Leonardtown.

SamSpade

Dry Dock is a very very nice restaurant, but I think Cafe des Artiste is overpriced crap. You're paying for the ambience, and it ain't that much. You could just as well go across the street to Nook and Monk's, which is ok.

I'm partial to the Lighthouse Inn, even though the *last* time I was there, the service was horrible and the food was average. Nice atmosphere. And I like DiGiovanni's as well.

B

baswm

Harbor Sounds in Solomons has good food as well. Reasonably priced.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by DoWhat
I heard a large group of people went there and really enjoyed themselves.
They must have been hammered after drinking pink frou-frou drinks. :rolleyes: :lol:

Ponytail

Originally posted by DoWhat
I heard a large group of people went there and really enjoyed themselves.

Company was awesome, service sucked. Just a rumor though.

I go there alot, by myself, and with one or two others. I really like it there, and never have bad service.

Willows is another good one. Was the first good steak that I found here.

pilot

I would not recommend Harbor Sounds to someone who just wanted a quiet, romantic meal with their spouse. Might be OK for a big group, though.

I agree with RoseRed. One other that I would add to the list is Old Field Inn in Prince Frederick.

Out of all the restaurants mentioned, Brome-Howard is the one I'd place at the top of the list with Old Field and Dry Dock tying for second. Spinnakers is good, too.

I've had some bad experiences at Cafe de Artistes. Found the food mediocre and every time I've been there, they've rushed me through my meal. If I'd wanted fast food, I'd go to McDonald's.

ohstate

My favorites:

CD Cafe - Solomons (the specials change each night and are really good, as are the desserts) Although its a bit bright to be "romantic" - no reservations accepted
Dry Dock - Solomons - make reservations - only chance to get a window seat
Brome Howard - St. Marys City - make reservations

DiGiovanni's - Solomons, but can have an off night now and then - make reservations, ask for window seat

Places that I don't like:
Lighthouse - average food, expensive
Cafe des Artistes - same

B

baswm

Harbor sounds is not a cozy romantic enviroment but I find it good taking the family to dinner.

I have heard Old Field inn in Prince Frederick is Very nice and also VERY EXPENSIVE. I have not been there personally.