nice dinner

AnniesDad

By the sea
elaine said:
Willows is has good food, as long as you don't mind the drunk in the wheel chair that won't leave you alone while you have your romantic meal. You can't have the guy thrown out, either. He owns the place.

:yeahthat: :killingme

I avoid the place for that very reason. The wife and I went there with another couple on New Year's Eve a while back. You would have thought he was my date with the amount of time he spent at our table while we ate.

D

dems4me

charger383 said:
alright, im trying to find a nice place to go to take my girlfriend to, cost is no issue, where is a good place to go?

Do you care more about abviance or the food quality and what kind of cuisene were you look for? American/steaks, seafood, mexican, chinese, greek, italian? :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
There's a nice little restaurant in the same building that houses CD cafe. I think it's even owned and run by the same people. Nice atmosphere and good food.
Back Door Lounge

mAlice

professional daydreamer
What's the name of that restaurant in Colony South? I had dinner there one night and it was great!

mrweb

Iron City
The best Italian I've had (I lived in Italy for many years) is here:

i Ricchi
1220 19th St., NW
Dupont Circle
(202) 835-0459

They have two places, the one in D.C. and the one in Florence. Make reservations and bring a credit card with lots of room in it, but worth the price. The girlfriend will be impressed.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
OldHillcrestGuy said:
If money is no problem, Rod and Reel in Chespeake Beach
ewwwwwww - don't do it. The view is wonderful - but your paying overpriced dc prices for a meal that makes you want to :barf:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Decoy Lounge, don't know if the dining room is the same name.
Not sure, I have neer been there, but I do recall the Decoy Lounge advertisements.

charger383

WOW.... thanks alot.. im in st. marys, and less that 45min of drive time, she dosnt realy like sea food, and i dont care about what kind of food it is. i dont care much for the kinds of places that charge 70 bucks a plate and all you get is an oyster and alittle green thing you cant eat!... just something where there is soft light, good food and a good time, maybe home cooked is the way to go

suzeQ

Occasional User
Spinnakers in Ridge is great, too. I have been twice recently and both times everyone in my party (six and four) got something different and everyone was pleased.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Could be Wayfarer, I don't remember. I only ate there once, but the atmosphere was quiet and the food was very good.

D

dems4me

charger383 said:
WOW.... thanks alot.. im in st. marys, and less that 45min of drive time, she dosnt realy like sea food, and i dont care about what kind of food it is. i dont care much for the kinds of places that charge 70 bucks a plate and all you get is an oyster and alittle green thing you cant eat!... just something where there is soft light, good food and a good time, maybe home cooked is the way to go

DiGiorno :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
suzeQ said:
Spinnakers in Ridge is great, too. I have been twice recently and both times everyone in my party (six and four) got something different and everyone was pleased.
I've not been impressed with Spinnakers in my last four visits. Prior ownership had a smaller menu, but with much tastier choices. Expended current menu offers just so-so food, and the service is absolutely miserable.