Nice mare needs home by tomorrow

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Here's the registration info on the Registered Peruvian mare who is in MD (near the PA border) who needs rescuing (via "make an offer" - willing to take "New Holland slaughter price" which means maybe just $100 to $200) THIS weekend or her owner is sending her to the New Holland slaughter auction on Monday.

HFC Manana - born 3/25/98 - sire is RYR Galileo and dam is Marta Sophia JF - Bay - 14 hands (maybe 14.1) - mare

Good on trails and "has front end action" - not for a beginner but has been ridden by a 13-year-old.

Contact Katie at (443) 255-1541 (she's not the owner - she's the boarding stable owner where the mare is boarded, so don't yell at her)

Owner just wants "New Holland price" and is open to taking an offer. Mare will be sent to New Holland slaughter auction on Monday (owner wants a "dead horse" to ride instead, so apparently this mare is probably a fun spirited ride) and will be sold at auction regardless of what price is offered.

Available for viewing at the boarding stable in MD (near PA border) THIS weekend (today & tomorrow) - going to New Holland auction on Monday 5/26

If anyone knows the breeder (HFC), the breeder may be interested in having this mare back (but also may not be). This mare deserves a better fate than New Holland!

Please help!

eventertblover

i passed this along on some other forums for you.
i sure hope she finds a home =[
if i wasnt already going to school full time, and working two jobs i would take her in a flash.

I

Inkpen

I dont have room for a horse..
But WHY would someone take a horse as this to the meat market?

It isnt old....damn....some people dont deserve to breath our air supply.

Hope someone steps up and saves this horse!!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

She paid $4K for this mare...Most that go to auction are young fine and alot are untrained..I will give her $250 for the mare (meat price) but I can not go get her by tomorrow..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
If she goes to NH tomorrow she will probably end up in Mexico being killed by someone stabbing her in the withers with a sharp knife..then sent on for meat..I just want to keep her from going to the killer sale...I do NOT need another horse but I would give them the meat price for her but saving her from the killers...understand? I have not heard back..

T

toppick08

If she goes to NH tomorrow she will probably end up in Mexico being killed by someone stabbing her in the withers with a sharp knife..then sent on for meat..I just want to keep her from going to the killer sale...I do NOT need another horse but I would give them the meat price for her but saving her from the killers...understand? I have not heard back..

Yes I do.:huggy:

My cairn terrier loved Alpo horsemeat.....:ohwell:

eventertblover

a friend of mine called because she could take her temperarly and this is what she sent me:

"OK, so I called ... and Katie returned a call leaving a message that a transportation company who also does rescue and rehab was picking up the mare to be used as owner's wife's personal pet horse. First I thought she said Worrick, but then again could have been Lorin or anything with 'aur' or 'or'Hopefully they checked them out to be sure the horse goes to a safe place!"

Loper

Animal Poor!

I've got a 2 1/2 year old that was rescued from New Holland when she was 6 months old... I saw her at 8 months old and got her at 9 months... she is THE biggest pocket pony you would ever want!!!!! :shrug: People are STUPID! They send anything they don't want.

IntegritysDream

My friend got her horse from a slaughter auction and now he is her A Rated Hunter and mid level dressage horse and he is AMAZING and gorgeous! They always get really high scores and are in the top 3 ribbons in hunter classes.