Nice Vacation Spot?

firefightertw24

firefighter24
I have never been anywhere the ocean is clear. I was thinking about a sandals resort, but im not sure. Im looking for some place to go that has a private villa and pool and of course the clear ocean. Cost is not an issue. Does anybody have any places to suggest?

Lilypad

I have never been anywhere the ocean is clear. I was thinking about a sandals resort, but im not sure. Im looking for some place to go that has a private villa and pool and of course the clear ocean. Cost is not an issue. Does anybody have any places to suggest?

Tahiti or Fiji

Pinkflamingo

Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma, Bahamas has GORGEOUS clear water and is a great resort if you want to just kick back and be pampered. Their suites are all butler or concierge service.
I visited here last year, it's a beautiful high-end property. I'd be happy to share my pictures.

lovinmaryland

BERMUDA BABY!!!

We fell in love when we cruised their last year. It is a very expensive island however. Cruising is the best option to get there.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 93
  • ho.jpg
    ho.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 120
  • may.jpg
    may.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 115
  • may2.jpg
    may2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 91

JLS

Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma, Bahamas has GORGEOUS clear water and is a great resort if you want to just kick back and be pampered. Their suites are all butler or concierge service.
I visited here last year, it's a beautiful high-end property. I'd be happy to share my pictures.

Sure! We'd love to see some pics.. been thinking of going to a Sandals Resort for a while.. just trying to decide which one. Thx :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh my gosh, there are a zillion places you could go. Are you looking for rustic seclusion or lots of activities and shopping?

Pinkflamingo

Sure! We'd love to see some pics.. been thinking of going to a Sandals Resort for a while.. just trying to decide which one. Thx :buddies:

Here ya go http://sebsep7.shutterfly.com

I've been to most of them, they are all different in their own way, each has it's own "personality" but my absolute favorite Sandals property is Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Love having my own personal butler!

Last edited:

TGB

Anegada, British Virgin Islands
A small airport and ferry service makes getting here from one of the other British Virgin Islands fairly easy, but Anegada still feels a world away. The only coral island in the volcanic BVI chain and surrounded by the largest coral barrier reef in the Caribbean, this undiscovered island is a haven for beach bums, fly-fishermen, and wildlife enthusiasts alike. The north shore boasts nearly deserted white-sand beaches, the south is home to a huge population of bonefish, and the west end lays claim to large salt ponds and exotic birds. Spend your nights feasting on local lobster – rumored to be the best in the Caribbean – and rest your head at one of the island's few hotels and quaint guesthouse inns.

Fakarava, French Polynesia
Overshadowed in popularity by neighbors Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea, Fakarava – a pristine Polynesian island enveloped by a coral reef and blue lagoon waters – is so remote, it's not even found on most maps. Yet, it's part of a UNESCO nature reserve and rich in natural fauna, offers pink-sand beaches, and is rife with rare aquatic life that includes loach, meru, and barracuda – not to mention hammerhead and tiger sharks. Not surprisingly, scuba diving is the undiscovered island’s top draw, but other attractions include the ancient village of Tetamanu, where you’ll find a Catholic church made of coral that dates back to 1874, and pearl farms, where rare black pearls are shelled.

Lamu, Kenya
Kenya’s oldest living settlement, Lamu boasts golden sands fronting the Indian Ocean, tiny villages, and a breezy, slow-moving pace of life. It's an undiscovered island that offers a glimpse into the past – a place where donkeys are the main mode of transportation and residents still keep their arms and legs covered out of respect while out in town. The rich atmosphere and history alone makes Lamu worth the trek, but so do its beaches: Shela Beach offers the best swimming, while excursions to ruins and coral reefs could have you snorkeling alongside frolicking dolphins.