Nicer rockfish today 11-3-11

shilo

My husband has been fishing almost every day jigging up small rockfish but today he got into a bigger class. They were in 40 feet of water and had sea lice. He used an albino BKD with a 2oz jighead to get to the bottom where he could see big marks. He released five others. I guess it's on now!

Attachments

• mikenice (500x375).jpg
    mikenice (500x375).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sweet! Good info. Just got back from working on the boat so its ready for the weekend...

wineo

loving life
My husband has been fishing almost every day jigging up small rockfish but today he got into a bigger class. They were in 40 feet of water and had sea lice. He used an albino BKD with a 2oz jighead to get to the bottom where he could see big marks. He released five others. I guess it's on now!

What area was he in??? or what body of water??

Nice looking fish:hot:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Sea lice? What do you do about those or are they like the worms in pork and cook off?

shilo

Would that be Mike Henderson who was jigging? I saw a similiar report on Buzzs Marina.

That would be him. The body of water was the Chesapeake Bay and he wasn't far from Ridge because he was in a skiff, not our bigger boat. I am not exactly sure where, but he wasn't gone long so it couldn't have been far.
The sea lice fall off, so that is not a concern. They don't get inside the fish they are on the outside and usually land all over the floor of the boat when you bring the fish in.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Sea lice? What do you do about those or are they like the worms in pork and cook off?

Look at the cute boy. He just wants to be your friend and give you a little sea lice nibble. :lmao:

Attachments

• sea-lice1.jpg
    sea-lice1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 100