Night Court Reboot

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I’m hoping it’s going to get better, because I’ve always enjoyed Larroquettes humor.

it really seems to be getting off to a slow start though. I think they need to change the bailiff and the prosecutor.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not compelled to watch it. The reboots look stupid. Magnum PI is another. I don't know how they could re-do All In The Family, The Jefferson's or Blazing Saddles.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I'm not compelled to watch it. The reboots look stupid. Magnum PI is another. I don't know how they could re-do All In The Family, The Jefferson's or Blazing Saddles.
I think the reboot phase is because they’ve run out of ideas. Personally, I just had a Lotta hope for it because John Larroquette and Melissa Rauch were both in it.

televisions become a wasteland.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think the reboot phase is because they’ve run out of ideas. Personally, I just had a Lotta hope for it because John Larroquette and Melissa Rauch were both in it.

televisions become a wasteland.
John is funny, I used to watch the original show sometimes. I have no idea who Melissa is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hard pass even though I love Bernadette. I'd rather watch King of Queens reruns or Andy Griffith Show.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
John is funny, I used to watch the original show sometimes. I have no idea who Melissa is.
One of my favorite shows of his was the John Larroquette show where he played a recovering alcoholic, managing the night shift of a bus depot.

A lot of dark humor. Probably too dark for television, which gave it a short life.

Grumpy

I’m hoping it’s going to get better, because I’ve always enjoyed Larroquettes humor.

it really seems to be getting off to a slow start though. I think they need to change the bailiff and the prosecutor.
I recorded the pilot and ep 1, watched them last night, wasn't impressed at all..pretty lame

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I recorded the pilot and ep 1, watched them last night, wasn't impressed at all..pretty lame
I figured I’d give it four or five episodes, to find its legs, but if it doesn’t… I’m out.

Grumpy

I figured I’d give it four or five episodes, to find its legs, but if it doesn’t… I’m out.
Ya know, that is the first time I've watched a regular(CBS,NBC,ABC,FOX) network show in years (think the last time I watched, it was "Prison Break"..was curious about the new Night Court because I really liked the original.

Tech

The original was a little slow in the beginning, changed clerk, prosecutor twice, hope the bailiff change is for different reasons.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I admit I like the Magnum PI reboot. I didn't realize CBS cancelled it. Looks like NBC is picking up where CBS left off.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I watched the first two episodes and wasn't impressed. It was flat and lackluster. Melissa Rauch just wasn't funny and John Larroquette didn't add anything to the plot. I may watch it for another episode or two, but I don't think it will make it.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I watched the first two episodes and wasn't impressed. It was flat and lackluster. Melissa Rauch just wasn't funny and John Larroquette didn't add anything to the plot. I may watch it for another episode or two, but I don't think it will make it.
Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking. I’ll give it four or five episodes, sometimes these things start slow, and if it doesn’t change goodbye.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Watched the first 3 episodes of That 90's Show this afternoon. It's cute and somewhat same type of characters as the 70's Show. Original cast members make appearances. I'll finish the other 7 episodes.