Nikkos

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
thought it was the end of the earth when we drove down there
That's what I thought too, heading for Evans back in the 80s. Pitch black road to nowhere. A shack on the water that looked like it was going to fall into the water any second.... not a light to be seen all around.

ontheriver

Was working at Pax on the F-14 PDU program. Had an engineer who reprogrammed all of the error beeps on the room full of Macintosh computers to scream, "I wanna go to EVANS!!!!!!!!!"

That got old real fast.

That made me think of the Belvedere!! Some of the Grumman (sp?) guys went there!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was the discothèque on GM Road across from the old McDonald's. Hardwood floor, wall of mirrors, DJ booth, and mirror ball. :getdown:

Yeah, Mr. Long and company could be quite the a-holes. :lol:

I met a girl in one of my college classes and she invited to meet her there for taco night. The placed was PACKED. We bonded instantly and spent many a night there, dancing, playing video games, and shooting pool. Still best of friends to this day 40 years later. Lot of water under the bridge now. :cheers:
Didn't MissKitty get his face smooshed there in the mens room? :lol:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Charlie was a really nice guy with a terrible stutter. He treated me like his kid sister that needed to be protected.
The only one I remember with a stutter I don't recall as Charlie. In fact, it's been so long I don't remember half the names anymore.

ontheriver

The only one I remember with a stutter I don't recall as Charlie. In fact, it's been so long I don't remember half the names anymore.

I don't think his name was really Charlie. Just his nickname because of the stutter. No political correctness (or offense taken for that matter) back in those days.