Ninja Foodi ....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I've created a monster!!
The LW asked for a Ninja Foodi for Christmas and since December 25th she has used it 4 times. SHE. LOVES. IT. It's a combo air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker and dehydrator and it is handy. We did a london broil the other night and other than having to tweak the cooking time down for the next time, it was excellent. Tonight she is doing a pork loin under pressure then finishing up with a sear to crisp up the rub. I'm excited about using the dehydrator function and making some homemade jerky.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Which model and size did you get? I love my Instant Pot and separate air fryer and slow cookers, but counter space is a premium and I would love to combine them all into one product. Reviews on them are great and it just may be a great solution for me.

kom526

Which model and size did you get? I love my Instant Pot and separate air fryer and slow cookers, but counter space is a premium and I would love to combine them all into one product. Reviews on them are great and it just may be a great solution for me.
Foodi 6.5
BJ's had them for $149

stgislander

PREMO Member
Found that out Sunday. Cool machine but seemed very heavy. If it comes back down to $149, I will consider it again.
I've been keeping my eye on the NEX online. They had them for a while after Thanksgiving. Haven't seen them since. Even stopped in at the store with the wife on Sunday. No luck.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've been keeping my eye on the NEX online. They had them for a while after Thanksgiving. Haven't seen them since. Even stopped in at the store with the wife on Sunday. No luck.
Seem to be a hot item right now so hopefully they will carry them again. Looked on Amazon and the 6.5 quart is $209.99 there.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I ain't gonna go for that new-fangled ####.

I'll stick to my good ole reliable cast iron pot and fireplace crane! :elaine:

kom526

Update: We are using this thing 4-5 times a week now. Potatoes from the air fryer are as advertised (amazing) and the pressure cooker keeps everything tender and the reduction in cooking time definitely comes in handy on school nights.

If you are doing Keto, you want this thing. Tonight was boneless, skinless chicken thighs with a dry rub. We sauted the thighs in 1 tbsp of EVOO 4 mins each side then pressure cooker for 5 and release for 5.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Update: We are using this thing 4-5 times a week now. Potatoes from the air fryer are as advertised (amazing) and the pressure cooker keeps everything tender and the reduction in cooking time definitely comes in handy on school nights.

If you are doing Keto, you want this thing. Tonight was boneless, skinless chicken thighs with a dry rub. We sauted the thighs in 1 tbsp of EVOO 4 mins each side then pressure cooker for 5 and release for 5.
Thanks. Saw the post on FB and pinned the recipe. Chicken thighs are my favorite part of the bird. Thanks!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Finally broke down and purchased one from BJ's. They were offering $20 off with online purchase along with either free shipping or in-store pickup.

Warning about BJ's in-store pickup. The website account is in my name. Since I am the one that placed the order, I am the only one that can pick it up (as told me by BJ's customer service). My wife, who is what BJ's calls a Household Member, is not authorized to pick it up when she goes by today to do some shopping. I now have to make a special trip. :mad:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Finally broke down and purchased one from BJ's. They were offering $20 off with online purchase along with either free shipping or in-store pickup.
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked and the $20 off is good for purchasing in store, too. I am starting to sway to the Dark Side. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Ninja won't do it for me, sadly. I'm always on the lookout for multi-taskers because of our limited space. Now when they make one that also toasts bread and whatnot.....

kom526

Thanks. Saw the post on FB and pinned the recipe. Chicken thighs are my favorite part of the bird. Thanks!
I attached the pin here originally then realized that the link said "You shared a pin from "Kom's Wife!"" and her name does not need to be on here. That is why I tagged you and Vrai on the FB.

Merlin - They were indeed boneless and skin less.

kom526

Tonight we breaded chicken strips with pork rinds and various spices for buffalo chicken strips under the air fryer.

kom526

That sounds interesting. Not necessarily good, but interesting. :lol:
The pork rinds have hardly any carbs that's why we're using those. I think next week I'm going to try my hand at cauliflower pizza crust in this thing. I'll update on the chicken after dinner.