NJ Some of the Toughest Gun LAWS ......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Jersey City shooting: Police officer, 5 others killed. Here’s what we know.

The gunfire began at about 12:30 p.m. in Bayview Cemetery, where Seals was conducting an investigation. A source with knowledge of the investigation said he was shot once in the back of the head and died at a hospital.

From there, the two suspects traveled to JC Kosher Supermarket on Martin Luther King Drive at Bidwell Avenue. There is a yeshiva and a synagogue on the street as well as a Catholic school.

The arrived in a U-Haul van, dressed in black and carrying long guns into the store, where they opened fire. For several hours, gunfire could be heard coming from the store.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Uh oh. What's a "long gun"? Are they scary, "high power" weapons of war also? Do they look "intimidating"?

Hijinx

This has nothing to do with the shooting but about the picture that is with the story.

A group of men in jeans and with rifles. looks more like a group of rednecks at a Turkey shoot than police officers.
Where are the uniforms?
And why are they all bunched up like that.?
Is that really a picture of the scene?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This has nothing to do with the shooting but about the picture that is with the story.

A group of men in jeans and with rifles. looks more like a group of rednecks at a Turkey shoot than police officers.
Where are the uniforms? And why are they all bunched up like that.? Is that really a picture of the scene?
Kinda leaves one with the impression that there are a whole bunch of on-duty civilian clothed police out there in New Jersey, doesn't it? Seems that the people of New Jersey are out gunned by all those invisible cops, plain clothes, and all those swat guys too. They are all bunched up like that because that is what they've seen at the movies. You should find the video of them. Too funny. Trying to play soldier and all.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Like Chris Rock says there is always some violence going down on almost any MLK blvd.
In our travels recently we were on MLK street or avenue. We remarked how this street was unlike an east coast MLK Blvd. I wish I could remember what city that was. I'm sure it was some lily white town that felt the need to appease some perpetually offended group, so they changed the name of Elm street.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In our travels recently we were on MLK street or avenue. We remarked how this street was unlike an east coast MLK Blvd. I wish I could remember what city that was. I'm sure it was some lily white town that felt the need to appease some perpetually offended group, so they changed the name of Elm street.

You should have taken a picture. Every MLK avenue elsewhere is a ghetto/war zone.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Jersey City Shooter Was One-Time Black Hebrew Israelite

Remember the Black Hebrew Israelites? They're back in the news, and once again it's bad news.

Jonathan Dienst and Brian Thompson, WNBC:

The two people who stormed a kosher grocery store in Jersey City with rifles, killing three people inside and also murdering a veteran detective, have been identified as David Anderson and Francine Graham, four law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell News 4.

Three sources say Anderson was a one-time follower of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, a group whose members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites and may adhere to both Christian and Judaic beliefs. There was a note with religious writings in the U-Haul he and Graham allegedly drove to the scene, but a motive -- including any alleged nexus to hate or terror remains under active investigation, officials say.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Jersey City Shooter Was One-Time Black Hebrew Israelite

Remember the Black Hebrew Israelites? They're back in the news, and once again it's bad news.

Jonathan Dienst and Brian Thompson, WNBC:

The two people who stormed a kosher grocery store in Jersey City with rifles, killing three people inside and also murdering a veteran detective, have been identified as David Anderson and Francine Graham, four law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell News 4.

Three sources say Anderson was a one-time follower of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, a group whose members believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites and may adhere to both Christian and Judaic beliefs. There was a note with religious writings in the U-Haul he and Graham allegedly drove to the scene, but a motive -- including any alleged nexus to hate or terror remains under active investigation, officials say.
But won't be chalked up as a hate crime. Unless there is a way to tie this to the president.