NMCI Turns off Forums?

bcp

In My Opinion
I posted this in another thread but will do it again here.
we upgraded our software a few months back, the next day we started getting flooded with calls from people that could no longer connect to our sites.
We finally tracked it down to security settings, if the people trying to hit our site did not have the settings right, they could not get in. Microsoft did an automatic upgrade on their Explorer, the settings in the upgrade turned off the required TLS settings.

try this, it may not be the issue, but you never know.

May or may not be the problem but check this
got to tools
then internet options
click the advanced tab
scroll down to security
make sure all the SSLs and the TLSs are checked.

The TLSs not being checked on some peoples Win 7 caused some of our sites to be unavailable to them. Checking the TLSs cleared things up.

May or may not be related to the same issue. Its either that or its in the blocked sites list on the server.

BOP

I posted this in another thread but will do it again here.
we upgraded our software a few months back, the next day we started getting flooded with calls from people that could no longer connect to our sites.
We finally tracked it down to security settings, if the people trying to hit our site did not have the settings right, they could not get in. Microsoft did an automatic upgrade on their Explorer, the settings in the upgrade turned off the required TLS settings.

try this, it may not be the issue, but you never know.

May or may not be the problem but check this
got to tools
then internet options
click the advanced tab
scroll down to security
make sure all the SSLs and the TLSs are checked.

The TLSs not being checked on some peoples Win 7 caused some of our sites to be unavailable to them. Checking the TLSs cleared things up.

May or may not be related to the same issue. Its either that or its in the blocked sites list on the server.

The IE that the Navy is still using is actually being blocked by some sites.

Zguy28

Maybe they have blocked the category "Message boards and forums". I'm sure it's just a cost saving measure to offset the cost of engaging Google and Oracle to fix the ACA website.

SG_Player1974

Hell... I bet the traffic on the forum has dipped 75% between 9am and 5pm :killingme

I guess this means the end of the 15 minute updates from some of the people on here! :duel:

OldBlue

He's a waiter. He waits at home for his SNAP. :yay:

Not a waiter, a component of the military that spends a good portion of his day "waiting" on govvies who appear to be searching forum topics on NMCI seats instead of actually working.
However, most of that "working" actually involves mucking up the process for the military people who are actually trying to get things done rather that collecting their gubment money for little or no work.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Not a waiter, a component of the military that spends a good portion of his day "waiting" on govvies who appear to be searching forum topics on NMCI seats instead of actually working.
However, most of that "working" actually involves mucking up the process for the military people who are actually trying to get things done rather that collecting their gubment money for little or no work.

than

YW

PsyOps

Pixelated
Spending time on Forums instead of doing you job? :popcorn:

BS... People are always railing on people that work for the military/government as “wasting government money/time…” Military bases have opened formerly blocked sites like Facebook and Youtube. Now why would they do this? It’s called morale. The military (and civilian world) encourages use of the internet and access to these (and other) sites because they know it promotes morale. I work in a 24/7 facility where the guys work a Panama schedule. There are very extended periods of time where absolutely nothing is going on. Certainly busy work can be created to keep them going for the entire 12 hours; but creating nonsense work is just as wasteful, time-wise, as sitting around browsing the internet. They have to be ready to take calls, at a moments notice, in the event of a crisis related to their work. When work is occurring, they do their jobs deliberately and seriously.

You can rest, assured that they (all of our military workers) are out there dropping everything they are doing to make sure YOU are safe to freely peruse this forum and the internet on your own time.