No. 9

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Having been on that island, the Haiti side, many, many years ago... I dont' understand the draw.

Is there a section in Travelocity for "Slums, War-Zones and other Third World Hellholes?"

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have a co-worker that is in the Dominican Republic right now. Everyone thinks he's crazy to vacation there with his family but he said he felt obligated since everything was already paid for by the time all these deaths started getting reported. Hopefully he and his entire family make it back ok.

Auntie Biache'

I have a co-worker that is in the Dominican Republic right now. Everyone thinks he's crazy to vacation there with his family but he said he felt obligated since everything was already paid for by the time all these deaths started getting reported. Hopefully he and his entire family make it back ok.

I also read a story about 2 or 3 young girls that had become very ill, but made it home alive. I wish I had saved the story so I could follow up on it. I don't remember if they were Americans, or from somewhere else.

I hope your co-worker and family make it back without issue.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having been on that island, the Haiti side, many, many years ago... I dont' understand the draw.

Is there a section in Travelocity for "Slums, War-Zones and other Third World Hellholes?"

A friend of mine used to go every year to windsurf and do other adventure stuff. I think anyone who'd vacation in a third world crap hole is crazy.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I did the park and ride for the Anacostia subway station one year while staying at the Navy Lodge @ JB Bolling. The car was still there when we got back late in the evening. Coulda lucked out.....

Hijinx

I did the park and ride for the Anacostia subway station one year while staying at the Navy Lodge @ JB Bolling. The car was still there when we got back late in the evening. Coulda lucked out.....
Sounds like you did. Try roaming down to Galen and Green

officeguy

I suspect folks have been dying on vacation for years, its just now that the attention turns it into a 'series'.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I also read a story about 2 or 3 young girls that had become very ill, but made it home alive. I wish I had saved the story so I could follow up on it. I don't remember if they were Americans, or from somewhere else.

I hope your co-worker and family make it back without issue.
I think on the news last night that a group of HS Seniors from Oklahoma did their class trip there and several became sick a few days into their trip but nobody died

Auntie Biache'

Of the 114 COPA tourists which descended upon the Hotel Riu Palace Macao in Punta Cana, 54 took ill during their stay. “It was headaches, vomiting, fever, diarrhea, severe diarrhea and chills and fevers that type of thing,” member and travel agent Dana Flowers said. “About the third day in, we started to notice people not making it to events that we had scheduled and that’s when we realized that people were getting sick.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...QnLvW42zKZI-NvnncHlZC3XSBPEAHNWvpjDuPdoXYvDhU

awpitt

Main Streeter
I've been to both sides of Hispaniola and have been amazed at the difference between Haiti and the DR. Vacationed in the DR a couple of times and would still like to go back.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've been to both sides of Hispaniola and have been amazed at the difference between Haiti and the DR. Vacationed in the DR a couple of times and would still like to go back.

You might want to wait.

There are probably going to be some awesome discounts in the near future.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I bet the Dominicans are breathing on the free blankets they are giving to the Americans. They blame us and Columbus for letting the whole world know of their island paradise.

Someone should start a pool. Cut off date of 12/31/19. Guess the correct number of gringos that will perish while on vacation. Then the winner would get a free trip to Punta Cana.