No bath tub in house

frequentflier

happy to be living
Nope, I love baths. Have had two homes with garden homes and one we enlarged bathroom area and added. It sucks that my current home does not have the room.

black dog

Free America
I have two showers in both of my homes. One upstairs in each home is a 5 footer with two seats and the other downstairs is a 3 footer for cleanup after work.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I would buy a home with only a shower, but I know people with children may tend to shy away from a home without a bath tub.
It just makes it easier to bathe a child when you have a bath tub.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My sister had her house built with the bath tub in the bedroom. Unusual, but I can see a number of plus's.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So is the prevailing opinion that it isn't a feature that would keep a house from selling but from selling to some people?

Is there a second bathroom with a tub? Or just no tub at all period anywhere?

I'm guessing that if there is only one bathroom and all it has is a walk-in shower, it's not meant for kids or larger families anyway.

NextJen

Raisin cane
So is the prevailing opinion that it isn't a feature that would keep a house from selling but from selling to some people?

That was my thought. I recently had my master bathroom redone and went with just a shower in there. However, I have another full bathroom down the hall for the rest of the bedrooms, and it has a bathtub. I figured the next folks that buy my home will be a family (since it is a larger home), and they may need a bath tub for their children, but not necessarily for the master.

PeoplesElbow

Is there a second bathroom with a tub? Or just no tub at all period anywhere?

I'm guessing that if there is only one bathroom and all it has is a walk-in shower, it's not meant for kids or larger families anyway.
The second bathroom is very small and only has a very nice shower (32 x32) in it. I was thinking about taking the (harvest gold 70s) tub out of the main one and putting in a similar walk in shower.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The second bathroom is very small and only has a very nice shower (32 x32) in it. I was thinking about taking the (harvest gold 70s) tub out of the main one and putting in a similar walk in shower.

Okay, I see.

Tough call. I personally wouldn't even notice if my house was missing a bathtub. I'd be all about that nice shower. But that's just me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The master bath in our new (not yet finished) house has a large tub and a separate walk-in shower enclosure. Figure we'll almost never use the tub....

MiddleGround

You would be seriously limiting the re-sale ability if you do not have a bathtub. As mentioned previously, those with infants, small children, elderly, etc. would most likely pass on the opportunity to buy.