No Child Left Behind

SmallTown

Football season!
It would have been nice if someone had come up with this plan YEARS ago...

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

:banghead: :banghead:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Thank goodness we have it now. BOY are they hammering on my daughter about reading, and I say GOOD! We review her words every night with flashcards and have her read to us every night, and she STILL is classified as struggling. Either the kids these days are alot smarter than we were in the 70's or I have a dumb kid, but I'm glad to see a school push learning a little.

(It's a good thing she's doing well in math!)

:biggrin:

B

Bruzilla

Nice catch Smalltown. Now, if you could only post some of the Democratic verbal flubs... :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Nice catch Smalltown. Now, if you could only post some of the Democratic verbal flubs... :biggrin:

Luckily Dean isn't in the white house. I think we would overload the somd server.

B

Bruzilla

That's a fact. :biggrin: I've heard a lot of gaffs from Kerry and "THE GENERAL", but Lieberman spoke very well. I've never heard Edwards speak for more than a 30-second sound bite, so who knows about that guy.