No More New Officials on MNF

B

Bruzilla

There was a time when you used to see the same group of highly-experienced officials working MNF games because of the high degree of national visibility. After watching the Steelers/Chargers game last night I see that's no longer the case. I had problems with all of the bad calls that went both ways, but even worse was how many plays had three and four flags being thrown at the same time! If these guys are doing their jobs, and watching their assigned areas, how are they all seeing the same offense at the same time, and throwing their flags together?

It really seemed to me that these officials were all hot to be on national TV for the big show and wanted to look like a great officiating team. If that was thier goal I think they failed.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I'm glad to see that the Steeler's fans are just as disappointed with the officials as the Skins and Ravens fans!

B

Bruzilla

I was just ticked that what was suppossed to be one of the fastest MNF games ever turned into a late-night bomber with all the friggin flags that were getting thrown. I don't mind penalties on either side if they are legitimate, but those phantom penalties drive me nuts. It also ticks me off when guys like Madden and Michaels are disagreeing with the calls... that's when you know the officials are f'ing up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It seems like...

...pass interference is getting called WAY to much these days.

I think Troy got robbed on that one call and I've seen a bunch of ticky tacky calls where both guys are kind of hand fighting.