No more pretending to exercise in Gym class

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.sfgate.com/?controllerNa...rch=1&inlineLink=1&query="Jackie+Hart+Weeber"

DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — Dubuque teachers will be able to monitor students' heart rates through a web-based program while they exercise at school.

Students will place straps containing heart sensors around their chests. The sensors will send data about the students' heart rates that will be projected onto a screen or wall in class while they're exercising.

The online application that collects the data is called Polar GoFit. It also shows how close a student is to reaching his or her target heart rate and maintains a record of how long students remain in those zones.

Jackie Hart Weeber, a health and wellness teacher at the Eleanor Roosevelt Middle School, said she is excited to see how the program will affect her students' motivation levels in class. She said the program will give students instant feedback and shows "if they are doing well or if they need to be working a bit harder."

"I no longer have to grade students just by looking at them," she said. "Now I know if they are really working."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I would often get an accelerated heart rate when the teacher was collecting homework and I failed to complete the assignment. There could be an upside to this sensor after all.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Do you / have you ever exercised before?

I use to punch people in the face for fun.

boxing.jpg

I also played tackle football into my late 20s when I was in the service.

22147_103572549671879_4228635_n.jpg

And did a lot of other stuff like wrestle, ski and work out.

ski.jpg

Now I mostly fish. I just started back golfing. I'm also an arm chair QB.
21847_101733116522489_2734915_n.jpg