No more whole milk for you...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Now THIS is something worth bitching about.

You all know that I'm perfectly okay with school kids only having healthy choices with regard to their school lunch program. If they want something different, they can pack a lunch from home.

I'm also okay with having certain dietary requirements in military mess halls. Why would we feed our defense force junk food? They should be eating for optimal nutrition. Junk food is what CARE packages are for.

But when welfare recipients can use our tax dollars to buy Twinkies, Doritos, and hotdogs, that's bull####. The only thing I can think is that our government wants to keep these people fat, dumb, and happy so they'll keep quiet. Personally, I think they should consider a different approach.

:love:

acommondisaster

Les Aspin (D-WI, deceased) would must be rolling over in his grave. He fought for troops to have butter in the chow halls vice margarine over a decade ago. A good Wisconsin girl, I can't stand skim milk and I'd be pretty cheesed (nice pun) if that's all I could get to put in my coffee or on my cornflakes. And holy hell, what are midrats with out sliders?
Next they're going to have to issue full sets of male and female uniforms to each enlistee so as not to offend trannies. What hairstyle/facial hair will they have to conform with, because if I were a trannie I'd have Womanly Wednesdays and Frank Fridays.

UnaAllan

Whole milk is not a good way to feed your baby if you can't breastfeed it. Of course, you should switch to formula milk. I had the same problem. When my baby was three months old, I lost my milk. I wanted to start feeding him whole milk, but my doctor told me why I shouldn't. Firstly, the risk of allergies is high, and secondly, the child still does not have enough enzymes to digest whole milk. I chose a formula for feeding that I found here anyorganics.com.

Last edited:

PJay

Why? Whole milk is a very nice way to feed your kid if you'renot able to breastfeed your kid.

This was back in 2015. I think now, 2020, it's good for us again... last I heard. Dunno..need to look up what they are telling us these days..

WingsOfGold

Every time I've been on a Navy vessel it's been breaded chicken tenders or hotdogs over and over and over.
Depending, smaller the ship the better the chow from what I have seen. Hamburgers were ALWAYS available on the forward mess deck, main galley... they would ruin a steak by country frying it (breaded), fish, mystery meat, fried yardbird, turkey loaf and once in a blue moon lobster.. Breakfast ALWAYS had fried canned bacon, grits, Sausage usually FRESH whole milk for the first 2 weeks, powdered milk and eggs thereafter, bug juice and always GOOD coffee. This was 50 years ago mind you. 😁 My 3 days hitching a ride on a DLG.... they ate like kings. Complement being 5500 Vs less than 400 swinging dicks.

PeoplesElbow

Depending, smaller the ship the better the chow from what I have seen. Hamburgers were ALWAYS available on the forward mess deck, main galley... they would ruin a steak by country frying it (breaded), fish, mystery meat, fried yardbird, turkey loaf and once in a blue moon lobster.. Breakfast ALWAYS had fried canned bacon, grits, Sausage usually FRESH whole milk for the first 2 weeks, powdered milk and eggs thereafter, bug juice and always GOOD coffee. This was 50 years ago mind you. 😁 My 3 days hitching a ride on a DLG.... they ate like kings. Complement being 5500 Vs less than 400 swinging dicks.
There have been times our test team have been out when the ship was almost empty then others when it was just a few civilians and the ship was full. Generally I've had better food in chiefs mess than the ward room. On a small USNS boat one of the chiefs kept sitting with me trying to get a line on a job for when he got out, he hooked me up with the quesadilla bar.

WingsOfGold

There have been times our test team have been out when the ship was almost empty then others when it was just a few civilians and the ship was full. Generally I've had better food in chiefs mess than the ward room. On a small USNS boat one of the chiefs kept sitting with me trying to get a line on a job for when he got out, he hooked me up with the quesadilla bar.
Yeah but USNS isn't "really" Navy. Bring back the draft and do away with them. :)

BOP

Every time I've been on a Navy vessel it's been breaded chicken tenders or hotdogs over and over and over.
I was on 4 different ships (all carriers except an LPH - which is a small deck carrier), worked night check on all of them. Mid-rats were invariable left-over pizza, hamburgers, and hot dogs. I can't remember getting anything else.