No More Workplace Raids to Arrest Illegal Aliens

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is serious about dismantling the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. On Tuesday, the secretary sent a memo to ICE Director Tae Johnson telling him to stop any mass worksite deportation raids, calling them a “misallocation of resources.”

“The deployment of mass worksite operations, sometimes resulting in the simultaneous arrest of hundreds of workers, was not focused on the most pernicious aspect of our country’s unauthorized employment challenge: exploitative employers,” Mayorkas said in the memo.

Mayorkas sent a directive out last month that banned ICE agents from using immigration status alone as a determining factor in deciding if an illegal alien should be deported. So the workplace raids wouldn’t have resulted in many deportations anyway.

Calistress

Workplace raids are nothing but show. ICE should be arresting the owners who have been using the excuse that they know nothing about the large pool of undocumented immigrants employed at their company year after year. These raids are a ruse to keep the money flowing.

ProLifePatriot

I pretty much grew up turning wrenches working on pretty much anything with an engine in it and while living in Florida, I worked on small engines for a while and we did a lot of service work for commercial Landscaping companies and being new down there at the time, being from up here in SoMd, I was both shocked and amazed at how many illegals those companies hired. Their employee turn around rate was sky high. I'd ask where so and so was and the answers were always the same, they got deported. I've even seen ICE come to the shop to make arrests. After a while, it got to the point where it was just another Tuesday so to speak.

Calistress

Companies hiring undocumented immigrants is still cheaper even with the fines they receive for doing so than it is to hire citizens at a living wage. Hell, if the companies time it right, they can work the immigrants for a week or two, and then right before payday, the company gets "raided" and the immigrants get deported.

If it wasn't cost-efficient, they wouldn't continue to hire them.

UglyBear

I pretty much grew up turning wrenches working on pretty much anything with an engine in it and while living in Florida, I worked on small engines for a while and we did a lot of service work for commercial Landscaping companies and being new down there at the time, being from up here in SoMd, I was both shocked and amazed at how many illegals those companies hired. Their employee turn around rate was sky high. I'd ask where so and so was and the answers were always the same, they got deported. I've even seen ICE come to the shop to make arrests. After a while, it got to the point where it was just another Tuesday so to speak.
Try any Medium to large landscaping company in the DC region. Maybe one white guy on top, the rest are all illegals.
When we were getting quotes to do work on our house, we specifically asked that if any workers entering our property are not US citizens, we would need to have names and green card #. Sales guys would freeze and go silent.
I wonder how that goes in the more affluent areas of DC, where whole neighborhoods are populated with TS and above, and they have to report contacts with foreigners (at least in theory).