No Roseanne thread????

BOP

Somd, the place where history evaporates when a white person compares a black to an ape....

She has her free speech. She was even free to delete and apologize for her statement. Free speech does not mean your speech is free from consequences

Where was your outrage when they did the same thing to W?

Wow, racism is rampant. Some of you folks who say that calling a black person an ape isn't racist, telling black football players they should be "grateful they have a good job" (I never hear anybody tell that to a white office worker) really. I mean, just really.

Just a week ago I heard all you saying that it was OK to fire football players who don't stand for the flag because their employer (unlawfully) requires it. How is it different when ABC/Disney fires a worker who makes racist comments and sullies the brand name?

Please go into a room full of black people and call them all yard apes, or monkeys and explain to them how it isn't racist, let me know how that works out. Better yet, please say those words in your workplace, be in the unemployment line faster than you can say "white privilege".

Hijinx

telling black football players they should be "grateful they have a good job" (I never hear anybody tell that to a white office worker) really. I mean, just really.

How many office workers do you know with Million dollars contracts People who got a scholarship for playing football and scholastically sucked.
Disney can fire anyone they like---In fact they did. Too bad Disney doesn't fire Whoopi and Joy Behar, but these two are what Disney is about.
Yes white people get fired for statements like that while blacks can call whites ,mother cuckers and Honkies all day with impunity.

But blacks aren't racist----------------------------------my ass they aren't.

PsyOps

Pixelated
"I couldn't believe that Donald Trump won. I couldn't believe that we elected an orangutan to front the country." - Wanda Sykes

SamSpade

telling black football players they should be "grateful they have a good job"

I didn't see that kneeling had anything to do with being black.

When I went to college, we had athletes on scholarship who barely completed as many as 8 credits a semester - and they did poorly at it.
White, black, they were getting paid to play sports and had good pay waiting for them - more money than I am likely to have ever made by the time I retire.

They SHOULD be grateful for a job, a very lucrative job. If not for sports, they're not creating any marketable skills other than endorsements, which are useless unless you're really good.
Frankly, I am not sure we should continue the handing out of massive sports scholarships without serious conditions on academics.
We should NOT have a situation where college players get paid to play sports and make a pretend show to go to class.
Sports franchises should not be drafting guys out of college who haven't even bothered to make a go of going to classes.

I won't defend racist comments. But neither will I excuse similar behavior on the left.
As much as the left gets enraged over obtuse vulgar behavior, they completely excuse it when it's their own.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I won't defend racist comments. But neither will I excuse similar behavior on the left.
As much as the left gets enraged over obtuse vulgar behavior, they completely excuse it when it's their own.

DXn3yR0XUAA-e0B.jpg

Spinach

Wow, racism is rampant. Some of you folks who say that calling a black person an ape isn't racist, telling black football players they should be "grateful they have a good job" (I never hear anybody tell that to a white office worker) really. I mean, just really.

Just a week ago I heard all you saying that it was OK to fire football players who don't stand for the flag because their employer (unlawfully) requires it. How is it different when ABC/Disney fires a worker who makes racist comments and sullies the brand name?

Please go into a room full of black people and call them all yard apes, or monkeys and explain to them how it isn't racist, let me know how that works out. Better yet, please say those words in your workplace, be in the unemployment line faster than you can say "white privilege".

In Roseanne’s defense, it’s hard to know the difference between racism that gets you fired versus racism that gets you elected President of the United States.

This_person

So, VJ - a known and unrepentant supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood - is said by a comic to look like a product of the Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. Because Disney is concerned with their image, they immediately (within a few hours) cancel the program. Not for something ON THE SHOW, but for a performer's personal comments.

So, they love Common (the rapper), they love The View, they love Kimmel....no hypocrisy there :rolleyes:

This_person

In Roseanne’s defense, it’s hard to know the difference between racism that gets you fired versus racism that gets you elected President of the United States.

But, Obama's racist comments aren't a part of our culture any more. We've learned away from things like "typical white person", and "I don't know what happened, but I do know the police acted stupidly", and, "if I had a son he would look like that thug", etc., etc.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Herman Cain Questions ABC’s Motives For Roseanne Cancellation

While the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO took issue with Barr’s “despicable” and “racist” tweet, he also questioned the assertion that Barr was a racist herself and ABC’s motives for cancelling the show. (RELATED: ABC Cancels ‘Roseanne’)

“Well, first of all, it was despicable and it did have a racist implication,” Cain told Fox News host Neil Cavuto. “She overstepped her bounds and she didn’t think about what the backlash would be. However, I don’t disagree with all of the criticism that she has gotten. I question whether or not that was the only motivation for cancelling the show.”

Cain admitted that “we will never know” the network’s true motivations, but the fact that ABC “provided 91 percent negative coverage” of President Trump and Barr was a high profile defender could be a factor.

Barr provided the “ammunition” the network needed, Cain stated, “and that’s too bad for her as well as all the people that had jobs” on the show.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Except for the part where they don't cancel shows because the star is a big mouth Trump hater or God hater or any other kind of hater. Free speech is what they cite when anyone gets offended by these people, and if you don't like it don't watch.

Sorry, Roseanne. No free speech for Trumpers.

This isn't a free speech issue.