No soup for you!

All this talk of winter weather has me digging up new soup recipes... this one made me think of RoseRed. :dance:

Best-Ever Beef Bourguignon

3 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1” cubes
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. grapeseed (or vegetable) oil
1/2 lb. bacon, cut into ½” pieces
2 large carrots, peeled, sliced on bias into large chunks
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. tomato paste
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
3 c. dry red wine
2 c. low-sodium beef broth
1 bay leaf
3 sprigs thyme
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. pearl onions
1/2 lb. cremini mushrooms, halved
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Season beef with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven (or ovenproof pot) over medium heat, heat oil. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, about 6 minutes. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate.
  2. Increase heat to medium-high and, working in batches, add beef in a single layer, leaving room between each piece. Cook until seared on all sides, about 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining beef.
  3. Reduce heat to medium and stir in carrot and onion. If the pan seems very dark, add 1 tablespoon of water and use a wooden spoon to scrape dark. Season with salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
  4. Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated, then add wine, broth, bay leaves, and thyme. Return bacon and beef to pot, cover pot with a tight-fitting lid, and transfer to oven. Cook until beef is very tender and sauce has thickened slightly, about 1½ hours. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Meanwhile, cook pearl onions and mushrooms. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add pearl onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender. If the pan seems dry, add water by the tablespoon.
  6. Top each serving with pearl onions and mushrooms and garnish with parsley.

Did I invite you over for dinner?

:lol:
:buttkick:

I'ma try this one...

BEST SLOW-COOKER Beef Stew

3 lb. beef chuck, cut into 2" pieces
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
1 2/3 c. dry red wine
3 tbsp. tomato paste
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
3 carrots, chopped into 1" pieces
3 celery stalks, chopped into 1" pieces
2 onions, chopped into quarters
1 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large rosemary sprig
2 c.low-sodium beef broth
1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl, pat beef dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sear meat on all sides until golden brown with a crust, working in batches if necessary, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
  3. Add butter and scrape pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits. Stir in red wine and tomato paste; simmer for 1 minute, then transfer to slow cooker.
  4. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, beef broth, and crushed tomatoes to slow cooker. Season with salt and cook on high until meat is tender, 4 to 5 hours.
  5. Remove stalk of rosemary. Garnish with parsley before serving.

Attachments

• redwinebeefstew.JPG
    redwinebeefstew.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 161

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Made Broccoli-Cheddar last night. Having some for lunch right now. With goldfish.

Yum Yum Yum

......even though it's base is a can of cream-of-chicken.....