No, Trump Is Not Diminished

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He is the most unbowed president ever to lose a house of Congress. Anyone who thought Trump would be taken down a notch, even by a more stinging electoral rebuke, doesn’t know the man. He will remain the ringmaster of American politics until the day, presumably in January 2021 or 2025, when he waves and gets on Marine One for the last time.

He made the midterms about him, because, really, what else would he make them about? Trump will never lose his interest in airtime, or the ratings. He boasted at a rally that, thanks to him, interest in the midterms was running higher than ever. And he was right.

Even if Democrats had a larger victory, on the scale of the Republican sweep in 1994, it would be impossible to imagine Trump getting upstaged.

No, Trump Is Not Diminished

This_person

He had one of, if not THE, smallest losses of seats for his side of the aisle in modern history - by a large percentage. Not only would I not suspect he'd be "taken down a notch", I would imagine he would be elevated. And, after watching the press conference, it seems like that's exactly what he was.

:shrug: Makes sense on every reasonable level.

Hijinx

He had one of, if not THE, smallest losses of seats for his side of the aisle in modern history - by a large percentage. Not only would I not suspect he'd be "taken down a notch", I would imagine he would be elevated. And, after watching the press conference, it seems like that's exactly what he was.

:shrug: Makes sense on every reasonable level.

I suspect that his press conferences and those of Sarah Sanders will be much more tame now that a major a-hole has been removed.

transporter

Really wondering where you people learned English. I get comrade GURPS is rusty...most Russians are.

The article wasn't about Trump's political capabilities...it was about his ego. Trump's fascination with Trump and desire to elevate all things Trump to historic levels will never be diminished. The guy is completely and utterly self centered.

Trump has legitimate bragging rights: Losses in the House could have been worse,

Sorry we could have lost by more isn't a bragging right. HE lost the House. The economy is fine, jobs are plentiful, inflation is low. That is not a recipe for a President to lose a chamber of Congress.
the Republican showing in the Senate was strong

Hardly, the pickups were expected and easy. Manchin won...Tester won...

His political base is still there for him, and in many key statewide races, there for the candidate he endorsed and stumped for

Is that why 7 governorships flipped and over 300 state legislator positions flipped?

Trump's buffoonery and egotism most certainly is not reduced.

Politically, he most certainly is...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is not a recipe for a President to lose a chamber of Congress.

So how do you explain the very low number of Dem House pickups compared to previous similar mid-terms? Where duh "Blue Wave" go? Oh..right..you don't explain anything...ever. What was I thinking?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Really wondering where you people learned English. I get comrade GURPS is rusty ... most Russians are.

Идти совокупляться Сам

The article wasn't about Trump's political capabilities...it was about his ego. Trump's fascination with Trump and desire to elevate all things Trump to historic levels will never be diminished. The guy is completely and utterly self centered.

Have You Heard The Magic Mulatto Give A Speech :confused:

Trump's buffoonery and egotism most certainly is not reduced.

Trump makes mistakes, but that does not make him a buffoon

Rommey

Trump Midterm.jpg