No uterus, no comments!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America
Just a friendly piece of advice; when you admit that your opinion proves you are not a decent human being, and most everyone is confused by it, it may be time to reconsider your position
You just cant stop yourself from trying to shame me into believing what you believe. What a good Christian you are, you should be proud of yourself. #folkslikeyouarewhychurchsaredyinginamerica
I have no desire to impose what some think is a Christian morality issue on anyone, especially a Woman's Right to Choose.
Opinions are just like a$$holes, everyone has one. I could care less what other a$$holes think of my opinions and beliefs.
Abortion and Prostitution have been around since what the first century roman, both will be here at the end of time.

SamSpade

Abortion and Prostitution have been around since what the first century roman, both will be here at the end of time.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for their "rights" - of course, so has slavery, human sex trafficking, infanticide,
pedophilia and child abuse.

All protected because society or persons insisted that certain people were either property
or otherwise had no rights at all that superseded the ones of the person abusing them.

And they are continued to be practiced, because someone thinks it is an imposition of religious morals
on their right to treat others as property or as otherwise - disposable.

This_person

You just cant stop yourself from trying to shame me into believing what you believe. What a good Christian you are, you should be proud of yourself. #folkslikeyouarewhychurchsaredyinginamerica
I have no desire to impose what some think is a Christian morality issue on anyone, especially a Woman's Right to Choose.
Opinions are just like a$$holes, everyone has one. I could care less what other a$$holes think of my opinions and beliefs.
Please show where I suggested anything about my views on the legality of abortion has anything to do with religion, or any time I have suggested prostitution should be illegal.

You are the one who acknowledged your view shows you are not a decent man.

SamSpade

A strange counter-argument, as we know that slavery was legal (as also many forms of racial discrimination)
and it took a Constitutional amendment to outlaw it. There were people opposing it in this country almost
since its founding and continued determination to get rid of it led to war. Until such a time, its supporters
could continue to point to law.

EXISTENCE or precedent of bad law does not ever
validate them - it only serves to validate what is currently legal.

MiddleGround

Please show where I suggested anything about my views on the legality of abortion has anything to do with religion, or any time I have suggested prostitution should be illegal.

You are the one who acknowledged your view shows you are not a decent man.

I just want to know why he thinks ALL decision making power should shift after the moment of conception :sshrug: He keeps saying "The man should control his seed" but NEVER has said the woman should control her garden. I just want to know why he feels that the woman has ZERO responsibility before conception and ALL of the decision power after.

This_person

I just want to know why he thinks ALL decision making power should shift after the moment of conception :sshrug: He keeps saying "The man should control his seed" but NEVER has said the woman should control her garden. I just want to know why he feels that the woman has ZERO responsibility before conception and ALL of the decision power after.
Maybe he doesn't understand that men and women are equals in all ways, and the only thing that stops rape is the fear of a child? Given his reason for being okay with what he, himself, says makes him not a decent man is the taxpayer funding later in life (maybe), clearly he's ok with killing everyone on unemployment and welfare and SNAP and.... since they likely cost too much, too - or, might cost too much in the future (like the babies he's okay with killing due to their cost). Given that level of indecency (his own characterization), we can only assume what stops him from rape is that he doesn't want to pay for a child, and thinks that what others feel, too.

black dog

Free America
Maybe he doesn't understand that men and women are equals in all ways, and the only thing that stops rape is the fear of a child? Given his reason for being okay with what he, himself, says makes him not a decent man is the taxpayer funding later in life (maybe), clearly he's ok with killing everyone on unemployment and welfare and SNAP and.... since they likely cost too much, too - or, might cost too much in the future (like the babies he's okay with killing due to their cost). Given that level of indecency (his own characterization), we can only assume what stops him from rape is that he doesn't want to pay for a child, and thinks that what others feel, too.
You truly need to seek some mental health help.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
A strange counter-argument, as we know that slavery was legal (as also many forms of racial discrimination)
and it took a Constitutional amendment to outlaw it. There were people opposing it in this country almost
since its founding and continued determination to get rid of it led to war. Until such a time, its supporters
could continue to point to law.

EXISTENCE or precedent of bad law does not ever
validate them - it only serves to validate what is currently legal.
All this time I thought it was to preserve the Union. Dang

This_person

All this time I thought it was to preserve the Union. Dang
The fight over "it was about State's rights" and "it was to keep/end slavery" will never end, with both sides having really good arguments.

The only thing one cannot argue (effectively) is that it was the end of the tenth amendment being considered something the federal government had to follow.

SamSpade

The fight over "it was about State's rights" and "it was to keep/end slavery" will never end, with both sides having really good arguments.

The only thing one cannot argue (effectively) is that it was the end of the tenth amendment being considered something the federal government had to follow.

I keep hearing all the opposing arguments. They're red herrings. If slavery did not exist, the Civil War would not have happened.
The country elected a man who was an abolitionist - boom - the South separated. War is over, boom, amendments protecting blacks
and outlawing slavery. Lincoln may have claimed he was saving the Union, but one, there was no way to save it and continue on the
path of ending slavery. It's a diversion. It was all about slavery.

It IS sort of analogous to the abortion issue, though. One side wants to believe it's just about a woman's rights.
But not all of her rights - just the right to have an abortion. It's not about any other "right".
The other thinks it's about murder and a moral outrage. But if not for the aborting babies, no one would be discussing "rights".

This_person

If slavery did not exist, the Civil War would not have happened.

I'm really not convinced this is true, as South Carolina was pretty PO'd at joining the Union and the way the federal was encroaching on the State well before problems with slavery's future came out strong.

I'm equally not convinced it is NOT true, for all the reasons you mentioned.

All we know is that it would have been different, but I'm really not convinced it would not have happened.