No Workers?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The actual problem is they are expected to work and are fussed at when they aren't and are expected to do a bit of thinking. If they are too preoccupied with their phone they are asked to keep it in a drawer, next time its leave it in the car. When we can find older people, even with no relevant experience and start out at the same pay we dont have as many issues. At that age I would have killed to be making half that.
Fair play. There is that too. So what job is it that you will pay $25 to start with no experience anyway?

PJay

Recently fired a family member..guess will never speak to me again..:ohwell: Kept getting complaints he was always on his phone..and other stuff. What really upset me is when he would tell the new guys hired not to work hard. Found out by setting a recorder on the job...needed to find out what was going on.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Fair play. There is that too. So what job is it that you will pay $25 to start with no experience anyway?

Indy metro police start a 21 year olds with a HS diploma at 50 grand as a base, after two years they get bumped to 70 grand as a base.
One can move to the Heartland and make 20 bucks per hour with no skills driving different fork trucks, with plenty of OT and buy a home in a decent neighborhood easily for under a 100 grand.
Dollar General, Family Dollar, Walmart and Tractor Supply all pay 18 to 24 bucks an hour for fork drivers and all can work overtime if they wish.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Aviation electrician, aka wire monkey.
That. That's pretty much where my son started...$27/hour when you include all the bennies. To be fair...he had to compete for the job he has and had his ASE certification plus lots of soldering/PCB assembly and repair experience already under his belt when he applied.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I have always said a High School graduate with half a brain and can pee in a jar will make 25 an hour here....I have seen it too many times....

No one wants to hire minimum wage workers....they are the worst

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think a lot of folks are just giving up on the whole work and capitalism thing, you see it in this forum, most folks here don’t work, or if they do they aren’t full time.
I’ve been working since I was 16, but it’s not a happy life, there has to be a better way, and with $25 an hour it doesn’t seem to be cash.
Fine, just don't take money to pay for your needs. There is no such thing as free.

snowygirl

My 23 year old is making enough to where he bought a house plus a new truck. He works with scaffolding and is a journeyman for carpentry. His other two friends are also making good money and are also home owners. They are the same age as my son. I know my 19 yr old wants to work but for some reason nobody will hire her. So there are young people who actually want to work, etc.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My 23 year old is making enough to where he bought a house plus a new truck. He works with scaffolding and is a journeyman for carpentry. He works at Cove Point but wants to switch to maintence engineering. His other two friends are also making good money and are also home owners. They are the same age as my son. I know my 19 yr old wants to work but for some reason nobody will hire her. So there are young people who actually want to work, etc.
:yeahthat:

My son is 22 and just bought his first home and it's actually livable. :shocked:
He turns wrenches and inspects vehicles for a living. He moved closer to the 7D. Now we can fish a couple of evenings every week.
:oldman:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I worked since I was 14. Had a lawn cutting business, snow shoveling. Went thru the whole gammit of jobs, everything from a grocery store stocker clerk to a mechanic to an oyster farmer to a lifeguard to a senior computer systems analyst/engineer with lots of side trips.

I put in my time, and now I just sit back and get money for nothing. I'd say chicks for free, but that is SO far from the truth....

TPD

the poor dad
Daughter and I were just talking at dinner tonight about one of our teenage employees who never wants extra hours. We determined he doesn‘t want or need them because he is trading stocks and cryptocurrency and making thousands. Wish I was that smart...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Aviation electrician, aka wire monkey.
If a young'in is nearing HS graduation, what would be the web address they could visit for more information?
Friend of mine, (yes, amazingly I have a few), has a kid that seems lost in his after graduation direction, and something like this might be of interest.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

If a young'in is nearing HS graduation, what would be the web address they could visit for more information?
Friend of mine, (yes, amazingly I have a few), has a kid that seems lost in his after graduation direction, and something like this might be of interest.
Here are a few, there are definitely more places to try.

Sa-techinc.com
Dyn-intl.com
Vtxaero.com

Going in cold, no contacts right out of HS will be an uphill climb. So many in this county have an in with someone, which makes it hard on those that don't.

My advice would be to call the local offices and ask if there are any intern programs of if they could shadow and observe for a day or even just ask for career advise.