Noah was tolerable.

seekeroftruth

Genesis 6:1 6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Here's the link to the commentary.

I skipped a chapter. It was the chapter about how long humans got to live. The world was young and clean and beautiful, back before this chapter. Men could live to be 912 years old! Now that's a well-built, well maintained, human... right?

There is some confusion, in my opinion, about these verses. The commentary says the flood started 120 years after God spoke in verse 3. But wait... wouldn't it make more sense that God would start weeding the humans out when they reached a "slow down" age? The "slow down" age is when a human just can't do the things they used to do. No, this isn't a Biblical thing... It's something I know from experience. I live it every day. People who used to walk fast and go, go, go, go.... now walk half blind, with a limp and take their time getting places because the body just "needs another minute to get it done".

Check out verse 4. Wouldn't that explain the Mayan type humans? We wonder how people knew how to engineer pyramids and other magnificent objects before us "smart" humans came along. After all, we're smarter than Adam... right? Our generation sent a rocket to the Moon. We're clearly more brilliant than our predecessors. Humans scratch their heads when they see ancient structures that seem to be way beyond the ability of "ignorant" humans of the past. We don't think of the Biblical fact that humans progressed through the bronze age and the iron age. They had to be inquisitive. If they had "godly" advice, why couldn't they engineer the Mayan steps or the Pyramids?

People have been telling me, my whole life, that God only had one Son. Well, I sort of believe the crowd is partially right. I believe Jesus was the only "begotten" Son. He's the only one who was born of a human woman. I'm pretty sure God had lots of sons... but only one of them was born human so that God could really understand how the human mind works, from the inside out. I think God had other sons, but that would mean that God made an "error" and allowed His other sons to play with the humans. But then again... I'm just an old woman. I really don't have a clue.

What is "the Nephilim"? I've seen pictures of giants found by archeologists. The commentary at "Got Questions" seems to teeter on "demon" men and "big impressive" men. Maybe God made humans bigger in the beginning... and they got smaller as He continued? Wouldn't that explain it? Maybe the prototype was huge... and as men continued... they got smaller? Maybe they needed 912 years to get fully grown back in those days. OR... maybe they didn't have the same calendars we have. I don't have a clue.

If there weren't skeletal remains, I would think the Nephilim were just men who were too big for the britches.

But.... verse 5... says humans were just plain wicked.

I wonder... Just how wicked do humans have to be to bring on epic destruction?

Like God said "It's a good thing they didn't get to the tree of life!".

At any rate... humans had turned intolerable. They would not listen to any "higher power". They thought their poop didn't stink. They were indeed too big for their britches. The only one God could tolerate... was a man called Noah.

Make no mistake. Noah was not perfect.

Noah, was tolerable.

:coffee: