Nobel Peace Prize Goes To Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed

transporter

The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed "for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation" in resolving the border conflict with neighboring Eritrea, the Norwegian Nobel Committee in Oslo said Friday.

I can hear all the "ignorati now.....

• "How could they not select Trump?!?!?" :tantrum

• "And they choose someone from a shithole county!!!" :tantrum

• "The selection committee is made up of nothing but progs, deep state, haters!!!" :tantrum

• "For Christ's sake he is brown and his last name is (gasp) Muslim!!!" :tantrum:burning::banghead:

Congrats to Minister Ahmed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Nobel Peace Prize is an overblown Participation Trophy now.

They gave one to Obama for Crise-sakes!

:roflmao: :killingme

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

(a) I can hear all the "ignorati now.....

(b) Congrats to Minister Ahmed.
(a) "Ignorati? That would be you, Tóngzhì, as @SamSpade mentioned this earlier (i.e., yesterday, maybe even the day before). And I, maybe more, "liked" his post (i.e., that he/we hoped he would win).

(b) So even though you're late to the party, agreed. Congratulations are in order. Well-deserved, PM Abiy Ahmed.

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

(a) "Ignorati? That would be you, Tóngzhì, as @SamSpade mentioned this earlier (i.e., yesterday, maybe even the day before). And I, maybe more, "liked" his post (i.e., that he/we hoped he would win).

(b) So even though you're late to the party, agreed. Congratulations are in order. Well-deserved, PM Abiy Ahmed.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yep. As I said in the previous post - THIS guy actually promoted the cause of PEACE. Ethiopia and Eritrea have been more or less in a state of war even though the war ended 20 years ago. THIS man settled the matter.

Contrast with a kid who's little more than a prop shouting "how dare you!".

Nevertheless, I'm still more or less disaffected with the Peace Prize. In recent years it's been given to the topic du jour rather than the scores of people who have actually sacrificed for the cause of peace.

EDIT to add:
https://diretube.com/play/2018/02/26/16-things-know-abiy-ahmed-ph-d/

This is an impressive man - unlike the "prop".

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Contrast with a kid who's little more than a prop shouting "how dare you!".
Speaking of that kid (who is being abused by so many in her role as a prop).... Here's the formally great news magazine Newsweek:

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

Speaking of that kid (who is being abused by so many in her role as a prop).... Here's the formally great news magazine Newsweek:

--- End of line (MCP)

Figures - "snubbed". A word you use when you think the winner didn't deserve it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Surprised this didn't go to queen hillary and her popular vote win in the US election.