Nodules on the thyroid

hotcoffee

How long is someone usually out of work when they have the nodules on their thyroid taken off surgically?

AiryT

Don't know about the nodules being removed, I had entire thyroid removed and only needed to be out of work for one week after surgery, I have a desk job, don't know if that makes a difference.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Doc told me its outpatient and I would be fine the following day. But I don't know the size of your nodules or the method for removal so I would ask the doctor.

cgwife

How long is someone usually out of work when they have the nodules on their thyroid taken off surgically?

I had a Total Thyroidectomy and missed about a week of work. It really was NOT what I expected at all. Had a nice incision across my neck and really that was the only "pain" and it really wasn't pain. Good luck to you!

D

dems4me

There's other variables - not that any complications WILL happen but I'd pad the time if you could just in case. I say this because I had half my thyroid removed in 2007 for biopsy - was told it'd only be a week. Day of surgury I was in overnight then released. Next day I developed a MRSA staff infection that I received at hospital. I then stayed about a week in the hospital fighting it, then another two weeks at home with close monitoring and dr. apts. Ended up being about a month ordeal. :faint:

hotcoffee

There's other variables - not that any complications WILL happen but I'd pad the time if you could just in case. I say this because I had half my thyroid removed in 2007 for biopsy - was told it'd only be a week. Day of surgury I was in overnight then released. Next day I developed a MRSA staff infection that I received at hospital. I then stayed about a week in the hospital fighting it, then another two weeks at home with close monitoring and dr. apts. Ended up being about a month ordeal. :faint:

OMG.... I got MRSA too that is absolutely no fun....