Norwegian flag on inn mistaken for Confederate flag.

Smokey1

You can't overestimate the ignorance and stupidity of many leftists.

The owners of a massive Civil War-era mansion turned bed and breakfast have removed a Norwegian flag that's hung outside its main entrance for two years because they say too many people have mistaken it for the Confederate flag and confronted them about it. The couple said it never occurred to them that people would mistake the Norwegian flag as anything else, but last week, after they received the latest in what Kjersten Offenbecker called "at least a dozen hateful emails," and twice as many comments they took the flag down. "It bugs me as far as the stupidity of people," Greg Offenbecker said. "Even if the flag is blowing in the wind or laying limp, there are no stars on it. They look nothing alike."

www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/norwegian-flag-on-st-johns-inn-mistaken-for-confederate-flag-owners-take-it-down/ar-BB17g1p3

Think I will order a Norwegian flag today. :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And just remember, the left are the self-anointed geniuses of the universe. :rolleyes:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Surprised they haven't banned the letter X, Roman numeral X, railroad crossing signs, etc..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Smokey1

I also know of a another incident in Baltimore where a black female attorney chastised a pub owner for having a Confederate flag on the wall of the pub. The only problem was the flag was a Union Jack.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I also know of a another incident in Baltimore where a black female attorney chastised a pub owner for having a Confederate flag on the wall of the pub. The only problem was the flag was a Union Jack.
Every stupid thing Leftists see, hear, or even imagine, triggers them into fits.

Hijinx

Well the real stupidity here is complaining about the flag because it was mistaken for a Confederate Flag.
If it had been a Confederate Flag it was their right to fly it.
And it would have been a flag that originated in this county and not a foreign one.

Although some people have a different idea we are all entitled to do what we like.
If people do not like the Confederate Flag they should look the other way and STFU.

limblips

PREMO Member
I did not know that. Thank you for educating me.
I probably should have included this to prevent the inevitable "you are wrong" comments.

It is traditionally flown either to the right or the left of the front door. It can be on either side. When there is a choice, find a position of prominence. Sometimes that is the left of the door, sometimes the right, sometimes away from the door, but centered on the house (when you have a porch, for example). Use your best judgment to find a nice position for the flag. However, if you fly a second flag, then the US flag must be on the viewer's left of the other flag, as you approach the house.