NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM, YET. BUT, TOO CLOSE TO HOME

3CATSAILOR

CHARLES COUNTY, Md. — State laboratory testing has detected a case of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza (HPAI) in a Charles County backyard flock. State Department of Agriculture officials have quarantined all affected premises, and birds on the properties are being or have been depopulated to prevent the spread of the disease. Birds from affected flocks will not enter the food system.

This problem seems to be popping up throughout the Country in past years. And now more local. It reminds me of the wack a mole game. You wack one down somewhere, another pops up. I suspect it could be from migratory birds. But, I don't know if there is any hard core proof of it.

3CATSAILOR

CHARLES COUNTY, Md. — State laboratory testing has detected a case of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza (HPAI) in a Charles County backyard flock. State Department of Agriculture officials have quarantined all affected premises, and birds on the properties are being or have been depopulated to prevent the spread of the disease. Birds from affected flocks will not enter the food system.

This problem seems to be popping up throughout the Country in past years. And now more local. It reminds me of the wack a mole game. You wack one down somewhere, another pops up. I suspect it could be from migratory birds. But, I don't know if there is any hard core proof of it.
This is from a Google search:

Do I need to be worried about H5N1?

Sporadic highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) virus infections in mammals have been reported in the United States, Canada, and other countries, but the risk to the general public from these viruses remains low. Perhaps they will develop another MRNA vaccine for folks that like to take shots.

So far, it doesn't look like a big deal to me. But, it certainly keeps popping up at different locations throughout the years.

Clem72

So how bad is this? Don't eat local poultry? Am I still allowed to catch and eat pigeons? Do I need to cook them now?

3CATSAILOR

So how bad is this? Don't eat local poultry? Am I still allowed to catch and eat pigeons? Do I need to cook them now?
For me, I don't trust the government any more. They said the MRNA vaccine was safe. It wasn't. They said it will prevent the virus and it didn't. Then they said it woiuld make Covid less severe. There is no evidence whether their claim was true or not.

The "Bird flu" as most people call it has been going around for many years. A Google search will show you some of the extensive history. True, it is becoming a bit more wide spread. The worst part so far is that it is killing some beautiful birds. But, is it really? Or, is it mankind? I am not sure either way. According some reports I saw, the so-called experts believe it will eventually jump to mankind in a severe way. Have no fear though. I am sure our government has a MRNA vaccine available for it.

mdff2

There is no need to worry. Dr. Fauci will be on it and tell you what you need to do. Before he does, always wear your mask and haz-mat suit.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
There go the County Fair Poultry exhibitions this year.

Didn't Charles have some rabies cases recently? There was also Avian Flu found in some of the resident geese flocks.

3CATSAILOR

There is no need to worry. Dr. Fauci will be on it and tell you what you need to do. Before he does, always wear your mask and haz-mat suit.
Yeah, he proved to be so trustworthy. At least during Covid, I knew the Chinese were lying.

3CATSAILOR

For me, I don't trust the government any more. They said the MRNA vaccine was safe. It wasn't. They said it will prevent the virus and it didn't. Then they said it woiuld make Covid less severe. There is no evidence whether their claim was true or not.

The "Bird flu" as most people call it has been going around for many years. A Google search will show you some of the extensive history. True, it is becoming a bit more wide spread. The worst part so far is that it is killing some beautiful birds. But, is it really? Or, is it mankind? I am not sure either way. According some reports I saw, the so-called experts believe it will eventually jump to mankind in a severe way. Have no fear though. I am sure our government has a MRNA vaccine available for it.
WHAT IF? - the Bird Flu is deisgned so that any living poultry they have not killed off, they can use it as an excuse to treat it with an MRNA vaccine that they will tell us is "harmless" and just treats the birds? It is true that most people are wise to the useless MRNA vaccines now. But, they still want to get it in to our body somehow. WHAT IF - they already did it to "protect us" from the so-called Swine flu? I think there was an earlier thread abouit the useless Swine vaccine. It was pretty good info.