Not sure where to post this...

72Chevelle

I have a couple of shotguns and rifles but due to an attempted break-in at a relatives house have begun to question their use for home security. I've been researching HD shotguns but first I need to know if pistol grip shotguns are legal in Maryland and do they count as a regular shotgun

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
72Chevelle said:
I have a couple of shotguns and rifles but due to an attempted break-in at a relatives house have begun to question their use for home security. I've been researching HD shotguns but first I need to know if pistol grip shotguns are legal in Maryland and do they count as a regular shotgun

Yes, pistol grip shotguns are currently legal to own in MD, the only thing you really have to worry about is that the barrell is atleast 18" and the total gun lenth is atleast, I wanna say 26" (that part shouldn't be an issue as long as you get the 18"+ barrell and don't cut the stock down)

Check oit this site for possible loads to use in a HD situation. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm

Foxhound

Finishing last
If I might suggest, make it a pump action shotgun. There is no more distinct sound than a round being ratcheted into the chamber of a pump action shotgun. It has a good sphincter factor. Mossberg 500 comes in many configurations, is reliable, and inexpensive. A HD shotgun is your best bet, pistols really aren't well suited to home defense due to wall penetration factors.