Not To Brag...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I know this is a hair cutting thread but does anyone have suggestions on making your hair grow? My hair got to about the middle of my back and has stopped. It has literally been the same length for years!! I tried washing it more... washing it less... brushing it more... brushing it less...wash it upside down... massaging my scalp. Nothing is working. Plus my hair is thin so that's not helping either.

black dog

Free America

Old family secret.....

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I found this:

Genetics

Sometimes, hair growth and health is just dependant on genetics. Everyone has a cycle of hair growth specific to them. Hair stops growing once a certain amount of time has passed, not once it reaches a certain length. Therefore, once the hair has reached the end of its growth cycle, it will no longer grow and will either break off, shed, or be cut off at the hairdresser. Each hair strand has its own growth cycle, which is why we typically have different lengths of hair strands throughout our head. This cycle can last anywhere from two to six years, and no matter how well you treat your hair, cannot be extended simply due to your DNA.

Lots of stuff you can do about making it appear thicker though.
Yep, I heard genetics played a part in it but I was hoping that I could squeeze a few more inches out of it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I cut mine just yesterday but just barely. It really needs thinning and I don't know that I have the nerve to get some thinning shears and attempt to do it myself..

You shoulda asked when you dropped by the other day. We've got scissors in the area where we package stuff for shipment..they're pretty sharp. And my hands are usually pretty steady by around 10-11 o-clock in the morning. Usually.