Nothing about NAS Gate 2

PeoplesElbow

Can't believe nobody picked up on this yet.

Southern Marylanders just can't help running into things.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Can't believe nobody picked up on this yet.

Southern Marylanders just can't help running into things.

Gate 2 now closed for a week,

They were talking about this last night.
I live right down the street and didn't hear a damn thing.
Wait, radio stations will have it on the news feed come Friday after they cut and paste the emptyprize

TPD

the poor dad
It was a cluster-you-know-what this morning at 8am! NB traffic going into gate 1 backed up to CPFCU. SB traffic backed up to Chancellor’s. Intersections being blocked by red light runners. The COs head should be put on a pike for this disaster! I hope you people sitting in that mess blew his phone and email up.

PeoplesElbow

It was a cluster-you-know-what this morning at 8am! NB traffic going into gate 1 backed up to CPFCU. SB traffic backed up to Chancellor’s. Intersections being blocked by red light runners. The COs head should be put on a pike for this disaster! I hope you people sitting in that mess blew his phone and email up.
Damn imagine if all those people weren't teleworking. Glad I'm out of town right now.

Reactions: BOP

lucky_bee

RBF expert
why wouldn't they just open up Gate 3?? They had to have known it'd be a cluster****.

BernieP

Resident PIA
why wouldn't they just open up Gate 3?? They had to have known it'd be a cluster****.
Didn't open Gate 3, didn't open extra inbound lanes, didn't add anything to Gate 1.
Well they didn't close the right lane, so that's a small change of SOP
Navy Police are at full strength and rigorously enforcing traffic violations on base now.
Or so I've been told
I think they are just parked cars

KingFish

Nothing to see here
NAWCAD Teammates,

We just received the following update from the NAS Patuxent River Commanding Officer. Please ensure the widest dissemination.

Starting tomorrow, Gate 2 will re-open during ‘high traffic’ Thursday 8 Oct and Friday 9 Oct 0500-0900 and 1500-1800. Please expect Gate 1 only operations (24/7) for the holiday weekend. Resume normal Gate 1 and Gate 2 operations starting Tuesday 13 October at 0500.

As always, thank you for everything you do.

Be passionate, be committed, and care!

TPD

the poor dad

You would think! If this was a private or public company, the CEO would be fired for something like this. But the navy? No - the CO puts out a nice little letter telling everyone to be passionate, committed and care. WTF! I think The CO needs to be committed...

PeoplesElbow

You would think! If this was a private or public company, the CEO would be fired for something like this. But the navy? No - the CO puts out a nice little letter telling everyone to be passionate, committed and care. WTF! I think The CO needs to be committed...
Have you see the cluster **** the local car dealers cause when they park their car carriers right on RT 235 because they didn't make their lots where they can pull the car carrier in?

Any time a new resturant opens....Sonic in Lexington Park, Chickfila in Prince Frederick, hell Long John Silvers on GMR caused a backup clear to the CVS when it opened.

TPD

the poor dad
Have you see the cluster **** the local car dealers cause when they park their car carriers right on RT 235 because they didn't make their lots where they can pull the car carrier in?

45 minute backups NB & SB? Nope have never seen that but I will keep looking.

PeoplesElbow

45 minute backups NB & SB? Nope have never seen that but I will keep looking.
I was thinking more along the lines of causing a wreck and killing someone. Just park a car carrier right on a road where people regularly go 70 mph.